I've heard a lot of people mention getting their guitars set up at a guitar shop, and I never realized you need to get it set up. I've had my guitar now for about three months and it seems to play fine, but I was wondering if it would be worth the money to have a professional set it up. Should I do it, even if it seems to sound good?
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
how is the action and the intonation? if they are fine then you don't need a set up.
The only reason people get their guitars set up is because something is wrong with it (fret buzz, actions to high, etc.). If there is nothing wrong with it, what's the point?

Maybe go into a guitar store and ask if your guitar needs a setup. They will usually inspect the guitar for free. You of course can do this yourself as well.
I get mine set up about once every 6-12 months.
It kinda gives it a better feel after the whole ordeal of being played every night and gigged every weekend.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
If it plays fine then I would just carry on. If you buy a new guitar from a decent shop they do a setup on it before you collect it. After that only small tweaks are normally needed unless something major goes wrong.
Quote by Kingyem0c0re
I get mine set up about once every 6-12 months.
It kinda gives it a better feel after the whole ordeal of being played every night and gigged every weekend.

You know that once your guitar is set-up it stays set-up the only thing they are doing to your guitar is changing the strings and charging you for it.
i'll do it for u for $20
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.