So right now I have a marshall mg30, which is dreadfull...so I need a new amp for pracitcing with my band (we play alternative rock/borderline metalcore) and playing small shows at my school, I would rent for the bigger gigs.

So I need something 50 watts minimum up to around 100. Anything in that range should be fine, but the higher the better. I don't want a stack right now, I don't have enough money left after getting my tempest so I want a combo amp for sure.

My budget is around 400 to 500 but no more, and the cheaper the better.

Anyone know any good amps I could take a look at?

Just looked at the Peavey Bandit 112, anyone know if it's any good?

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Bandit-112-Guitar-Amplifier-with-TransTube-Technology?sku=481332#used
Last edited by Capataincrunch at Jul 19, 2009,
Quote by Capataincrunch
So right now I have a marshall mg30, which is dreadfull...so I need a new amp for pracitcing with my band (we play alternative rock/borderline metalcore) and playing small shows at my school, I would rent for the bigger gigs.

So I need something 50 watts minimum up to around 100. Anything in that range should be fine, but the higher the better. I don't want a stack right now, I don't have enough money left after getting my tempest so I want a combo amp for sure.

My budget is around 400 to 500 but no more, and the cheaper the better.

Anyone know any good amps I could take a look at?

If you need effects with it I would look at Line 6 or Peavey model friendly amps. If not maybe look used Peavey or fender tube amp. I've seen some good deals on Criagslist and Ebay.
i dont think you NEED 50 watts if you go tube
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
Peavey Valveking 112 (50 watt Combo Tube Amp)
Crate Flexwave FW120 (120 watt solid state amp)
Peavey Vypyr 60 (60 watt tube modelling amp)
Peavey Vypyr 75 (75 watt solid state modelling amp)

In case you didnt know tubes are quite a bit better but the solid state amps i reccomended are pretty good for solid state imo
Quote by Levi79
Peavey Valveking 112 (50 watt Combo Tube Amp)
Crate Flexwave FW120 (120 watt solid state amp)
Peavey Vypyr 60 (60 watt tube modelling amp)
Peavey Vypyr 75 (75 watt solid state modelling amp)

In case you didnt know tubes are quite a bit better but the solid state amps i reccomended are pretty good for solid state imo

No....

You should wait for the 6505 combo to come out and get that. The valveking isn't really suited for metal but it can get a decent metal tone with an OD. The Vypyr is a nice modeling amp, I would grab the 60 as I think that sounds best. Line 6 flextones are pretty good as well.
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
Quote by Capataincrunch
Isnt the 6505 Combo like 700 bucks or something?

maybe......

You can go get some money.... lol
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
Quote by me_llamo_juan
B-52 AT112

/thread
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.