Probably pickup problem, tell me, are your pickups the stock ones, or did you change them already? How old is your guitar? When did this problem appear?

We need more info to help you
First thing I would try is to lower the pickups. I know you'll loose some tone but if they are to high there magnetic field affects intuneation (probably spelled that wrong.) This can cause that buzzing.

Also how much gain are you running through it? If you are using a lot buy a noise gate. It clamps off those noises plus any buzzing from your pickups.

If its not either of those open up the back of your pick up cavity (if you have a strat I wouldn't do this. you've got to take all the strings of and Its a pain to re-set up.) If it doesn't have a layer of something that looks like tin-foil (or goldish-foil and i don't remember whats it called but i know it stops the buzzing as well) then take it in to a guitar repair shop and ask for some.

Try these first and if you are still having problems consider throwing it out of a window. That tends to fix it.
Last edited by Ibanezskater20 at Jul 19, 2009,
Quote by Baraga
Probably pickup problem, tell me, are your pickups the stock ones, or did you change them already? How old is your guitar? When did this problem appear?

We need more info to help you

I had a feeling it was something to do with the pickups. Yes they are the stock pickups and this guitar is about 32-34 years old. And this problem didn't start that long ago, maybe 2 weeks ago.
Quote by ChiilRocker
I had a feeling it was something to do with the pickups. Yes they are the stock pickups and this guitar is about 32-34 years old. And this problem didn't start that long ago, maybe 2 weeks ago.

Try doing what the above poster said, if the problem persists, check your pickup connection, or exange the pickups.

DO NOT messa rround with the wiring if you dont know what youre doing, if you need help call someone that understands it.