So lately I have been playing Hearts Burst Into Fire by BFMV and I just listed to the studio version to clean mine up, and I noticed that on one of the sustained note, it shifts to sort of a harmonic sound at the end...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_GJyUK0GUI
:28-:31

How do you do that?

thanks
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
That is what you call controlled feedback. What a lot of people do when they use a lot of gain like that is stand in front of your amp or rig and if you get close enough it causes feedback. Ive written a few songs where i had to do that. And sometimes notes just feedback harmonically like that just while you sustain them. Hope that helps.
that's one of my favorite songs. yeah, you have to use feedback but i'm awful at working with feedback.
Quote by metaldud536
Because there is a bomb in the lasagna!

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
make loud howling noises and throw your feces at them whenever they bring it up, I suggest that your GF does the same.
Quote by minchew
That is what you call controlled feedback. What a lot of people do when they use a lot of gain like that is stand in front of your amp or rig and if you get close enough it causes feedback. Ive written a few songs where i had to do that. And sometimes notes just feedback harmonically like that just while you sustain them. Hope that helps.

+1

You need to have the volume on your amp raised a bit when u want to do a controlled feedback
I find that adding an accent (or sort of an "almost pick" harmonic) helps with that kind of sound. That and lots of gain and lots of volume. Or you can do the feedback thing.