Hi i have an ibanez rgr420ex i play metal in a band and i will be giging soon.

i have a marshall mg 30dfx

a friend of mine has a line 6 spider 3 75w which i like

and ive herd the peavey Vypyr is good

im looking at spending up to £200

should i stick with marshall or is there another amp i could look at?
Out of those, a Vypyr. It contains the least amount of fail. I don't know prices in pounds so I can't help you there.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I'd save up and get the 60watt Vypyr tube unless you use pedals. If you do then get the B-52 AT-112.

EDIT: You don't want the Spider. It looks nice and inviting in the beginning but the longer you have it the more your gonna notice it sounds horrid
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Last edited by JayT44 at Jul 19, 2009,
Go with the Vypyr out of those. Line 6 amps are good for practicing, but I wouldnt use one live. The sound tends to get a little lousy at louder volumes, at least they have in my experience.
All the people who say the MG is bad.. well they're right.. well they obv dunno how to make them sound good..

okay maybe the only decent one is the 2x12 one.. but yeah lol.
I've never understood why the MGs are so bad, can anyone give a youtubelink or so to one of these bad sounding ones?
Incarnation of awesomeness on earth.
I'd get the Vypyr. The 75w is plenty loud for a gig, even with a metal drummer.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
Quote by ROHG
I've never understood why the MGs are so bad, can anyone give a youtubelink or so to one of these bad sounding ones?

Have you ever played one? They sound horrible. Extremely buzzy, no note definition, etc. The list is too long to put here.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
i like my MG on clean but ive never liked distortion and ive never gigged with it, B-52's looked good but as was said are not sold in uk. From looking around and what most people are saying in my price range the best option is the vypyr?
For £200 you could get a good used mid 90s Peavey Bandit & a good distortion pedal, although the distortion on that model Bandit is IMO very good at the price, not unlike the early 5150
I would just stick with the MG, its not great, and the Peavey is far better, but it would be best just to save up until you can get a decent tube amp. And whatever you do, do not buy the spider.

So basically, best option in your price range is the vypyr, but you may as well just save up for something better. If you really don't like your distortion then I'd just buy a pedal.