i want a new amp, preferably a half stack of some sort. at the very most ill go $600, ill ignore ppl suggesting to buy something more than that. i play in a metalcore band, so im lookin for something with as high gain as possible.
you're in a metalcore band so tone isn't a big concern, so a get a Marshall MG Stack, which costs about 500 bucks i think.
Quote by Ali-b912
you're in a metalcore band so tone isn't a big concern, so a get a Marshall MG Stack, which costs about 500 bucks i think.

Lolll
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

My band: avenueofembers.com
Quote by neverspoiled
thank you stevenpollock..
the only Pit-head thats not a douche bag...right now anyway
=)
B-52 AT is pretty high gain, not sure about the half stack but combos are under 600, maybe possibly a used mesa? and maybe 6505 combo

those are it for tube, and as for SS you should check out randall.

Also I'm kind of a not so gain hore, so I'm not super smart about high gain stuff

Oh yeah and what the guy below me said
Last edited by kurtebirdi at Jul 19, 2009,
What about Bugera's? I'm not sure how much will they cost in America (I live in Spain), but I have the 333XL, it has more gain than Cannibal Corpse would ever need and I think the price would fit your budget. I've tried the 6262 too and it's also brutal. Try them out, I think you will like them.
Quote by elgranmapache
What about Bugera's? I'm not sure how much will they cost in America (I live in Spain), but I have the 333XL, it has more gain than Cannibal Corpse would ever need and I think the price would fit your budget. I've tried the 6262 too and it's also brutal. Try them out, I think you will like them.

This or a used 6505
Quote by Goodtimes666
c'mon guys dont hate

Just because you said that...Get an MG.

Or I will hunt you down.

And make you get one.
i checked out some tone samples from all of those (because i care about tone alot, if i didnt i would keep the crappy amp i have now) and i love the bugeras, thanks
wouldnt this go in gg&a anyways, so dont they have a right to hate? and get an MG
~Defiant~

the people that are telling you to get a mg have mgs themselves or have a spider
SO DONT GET A MG
just get a 333XL 212 or a halfstack you'll thank me later
Last edited by DIFTWOOD at Jul 19, 2009,
Get a Valveking 212, its not a half stack but its 100W Tube and thats plenty of volume to go around
defiantly enough for gigs
and if needed you can mic it up
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
100Watt tube is deffinatly enough lol i gigged a festival with a 40Watt Marhshall JCM2000 DSL lol
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!
if your into metalcore a peavey 5150 is a must id say. thats what all the cool metal core kids around me play . but seriously they go or about 500 bucks on the bay, then pic yourself up a cab and your good to go.
Originally Posted by StewieSwan
schtick_bomb is actually a Tare. An evil race of aliens from the planet Nibiru who have come to fight the power of Jesus Christ.

I sense lots of musical elitism in this thread

also so this isn't spam, go with the Bugera or B52
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
Quote by Metlhead443
I sense lots of musical elitism in this thread

Not really. I took the MG suggestion as a response to the half stack thing. You do not need a half stack.
Quote by voteforpedro36
Not really. I took the MG suggestion as a response to the half stack thing. You do not need a half stack.

i was referring to the person that said tone doesnt matter in metalcore, assuming that whatever genre they listen to is a superior genre.
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
to all people recommending the MG and genre Bashers.
im a Metal Core player and i like what i play so STFU and dont suggest crap gear to people looking for help if you hate the genre.

TS check out my thread for a list (link in sig).
and in my thread i accept any Metal Subgenre and there is no genre bashing there.

PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me