so i am putting some strap locks on my guitar and the ones i bought have screws that are smaller than the original ones and the originals dont fit the new strap buttons. does anybody know if there are straplocks that come with larger screws in them or how to make it work?
Gear
ESP Ltd EC-256
Takamine G-40
Boss NS-2
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Classic OD
MXR 10-Band EQ
Boss TU-3
B 52 AT-100
B 52 AT 412A

Line 6 Relay G30
I use strap locks. You know how?

I unscrew the strap buttons, put the strap centered over the screw hole, place a washer on top, and screw the button down on top. Voila, DIY nearly free strap locks. This way, you don't run into your aforementioned dilemma.

Return your 'paid for' strap locks and thank me later.
I have Dunlop Strap Locks. They are twenty dollars. The screws will most likely be bigger than the originals, so you will have to drill a slight bit more, but they are very strong.
Main Setup:
Charvel So-Cal

Dunlop Volume
Digitech Tuner
Custom Compressor
VFE Blues King
Ibanez TS9 30th Anniv
Boss DD20
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Hardwire Supernatural
Loop-Master 2 Channel Looper

Mesa Single Rec
Glue a wodden plug into the original screw hole using pva glue, leave for 24 hours, drill a pilot hole half the diameter of the new screw & bobs your uncle! Make sure the wooden plug is not too loose or tight, a bit of whittling may be needed
You could just use the screws from the original strap buttons.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
1st. i switch straps alot and have a few guitars with strap locks, so putting the strap before the button is stupid to me.
2nd. as stated in original post the original screws dont fit in the new strap buttons, i already tried it.
3rd. the straplocks i bought are dunlop and the screws are smaller. the guitar i bought them for has bigger screws than my other guitars

Quote by anguskilminster
Glue a wodden plug into the original screw hole using pva glue, leave for 24 hours, drill a pilot hole half the diameter of the new screw & bobs your uncle! Make sure the wooden plug is not too loose or tight, a bit of whittling may be needed

and thanks i might have to do this.
Gear
ESP Ltd EC-256
Takamine G-40
Boss NS-2
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Classic OD
MXR 10-Band EQ
Boss TU-3
B 52 AT-100
B 52 AT 412A

Line 6 Relay G30
Last edited by jermzxsugarx at Jul 19, 2009,
i fixed mine with some duck tape,
Quote by RU Experienced?
I like staring at girls' boobs and seeing how long it takes them to say something and what their reaction is. It's win-win-win

Quote by darkstar2466
I once saw two snails fuck. It was pretty damn cool.
When i bought my dimarzio's cliplock, there was always two sets of srews. Big ones and smaller ones. Wierd for you
bring your old screws to the shop with the new straplock buttons and get them to modify the screws to fit. i have to do this for all my guitars
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.