Hai thar, I know I'm normally here replying to threads more than actually making them, but I'd like to ask a question about my Schecter.

I grow weary of the SD Blackouts on it, they're okay but I'm really just not much of an active pickup guy. I already decided on a DiMarzio Super Distortion in the bridge, but I'm pretty clueless about the neck.

For those that don't know already I do metal, blues and rock (Mostly do blues and rock on my JEM though), and my budget is $100, I'll go a little over it if necessary but no more than $110-120.
FIGHT MY BRUTE!
Quote by Tackleberry
Only time Ive seen a true single coil in a chrome humbucker housing was chinese knock off where they claimed it was a humbucker but half the housing was empty.
If you want something fat, warm, dynamic and with enough heft to balance with a heavyweight like the Super Distortion then a Breed is an excellent choice.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
breed sounds like a good choice, have you used the pickup selector on dimarzio's website?

edit: actually of your not happy with your amp maybe you should keep that money for a new one. if your amp isnt to your liking pickups are just a waste of money.
Last edited by stephen_rettie at Jul 19, 2009,
^That. The Breed is a great pickup.

By the way, I noticed in your sig (As I was looking at what amp you used), that you want your Marshall Haze to 'Burn'? Why? I thought they were good...
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Baby Joel
^That. The Breed is a great pickup.

By the way, I noticed in your sig (As I was looking at what amp you used), that you want your Marshall Haze to 'Burn'? Why? I thought they were good...

They're not good, I was a little over-exaggerative at first with their bad quality but it's really not bad for 1000 USD.

At the other guy, I have not used DiMarzio's pickup selector, I'll look in to it, that and this Breed that everyone is mentioning (Never heard of it to be honest).
FIGHT MY BRUTE!
Quote by Tackleberry
Only time Ive seen a true single coil in a chrome humbucker housing was chinese knock off where they claimed it was a humbucker but half the housing was empty.
Quote by TheJem
They're not good, I was a little over-exaggerative at first with their bad quality but it's really not bad for 1000 USD.

At the other guy, I have not used DiMarzio's pickup selector, I'll look in to it, that and this Breed that everyone is mentioning (Never heard of it to be honest).

i hope to god this is a typo or you got screeeewed.
and the breed is one of vais signature p/us, damned versatile.
I have a SD Jazz in my neck position. Incredible pickup IMO. Very good for all three genres that you play especially blues. I get an incredible blues tone that I can't get with playing my Les Paul on the same amp setting. I love my Jackson too; great guitar that can play anything and sound epic.

Edit: The SD Jazz will play Metal, Rock, and Blues great. It really has an amazing blues and Rock tone though. Imagine Jimmy Page solo tone awesome.
My Gear
Jackson Pro Series DK2M
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
VOX AD50VTXL Valvetronix Amp
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell

Originally Posted By iron_maiden93

He wants to rape us....He raped me

Last edited by Avengethedeath at Jul 19, 2009,
Quote by stephen_rettie
i hope to god this is a typo or you got screeeewed.
and the breed is one of vais signature p/us, damned versatile.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Marshall-Haze-MHZ15-Full-Stack-581922-i1445509.gc
^That's what I bought. No combos or half-stacks.

I was thinking of going SD but I wasn't sure of what I wanted, the SD sounds amazing if it can get a good Jimmy Page tone.
FIGHT MY BRUTE!
Quote by Tackleberry
IMO the breed sounds better than the Jazz. The jazz always felt a little weak to me on both clean and dirty compared to the Paf pro, Paf Joe and even the breed neck

Those are my suggestions. The air norton is also a nice clean pickup, that can produce some nice lead tones from blues-steve vai stuff
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
The Breed responds well to picking dynamics and can sound quite refined, but it can hit like a sledgehammer if you attack the strings.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by TheJem
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Marshall-Haze-MHZ15-Full-Stack-581922-i1445509.gc
^That's what I bought. No combos or half-stacks.

I was thinking of going SD but I wasn't sure of what I wanted, the SD sounds amazing if it can get a good Jimmy Page tone.
If you want a good Page tone then the Duncan is going to do it for you much better than any Dimarzio will. Though you might want something like a Seth Lover with an A5, which is a fair bit brighter than the Antiquity.

Another good option that people like for Page tone are Duncan '59s, and you might want to look at Wolfetone Marshallheads.
Last edited by al112987 at Jul 19, 2009,