I picked up the M-Audio Profire 610 and an Audix I5 microphone. It was about a $400-$500 bundle. I want the sound to be really high quality. So far the Profire 610 has captured my tone perfectly. I just want opinions-Is there anything around the profire's price that will be better?

And I REALLY want opinions on the microphone..For recording my loud, high-gain amp, is the Audix I5 the best choice?

Any help would be appreciated.

ALSO..I don't need to record a full band simultaneously, so for now I'm pretty sure the 2 mike inputs is good enough.
For a loud, high gain amp, you'll be MORE then fine with a shure sm57 or similar instrument mic. They're only like 100-120 bucks new but everyone uses them, even the pros.
My shure sm57 works great on my amp and on my buddys acoustic. I dont really see the point in buying anything more expensive unless you're getting a vintage telefunken or something and you can buy a nice car with that kind of money.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
I'm going to definately check out the SM57 and compare it's quality with the Audix I5 then.

As far as the interface..I might get a profire 2626. For high quality recordings is that the best thing for the $400-$700 price range?
I don't have any experience with that interface. I use a zoom 16 input mixer with a built in interface so I can't really tell you. Maybe check out some reviews on musiciansfriend
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M