Ok so i have almost no experiance with fender, marshall, mesa or vox tube amps because i avoid the store in our town that sells them like the plauge. However, my friend got a job there and is gonna give me half price on any amp they have under a grand. So my question to you is; What amp to i get. I already have my Gt-10 through a line 6 spider 3 power amp for metal, i need something for my cleans and electric blues. Something i can get everything from sparkly clean to S.R.V/RHCP crunch out of without using much in the way of pedals, because all my pedals are metal oriented.

Tl,dr; Whats a good clean to electric blues crunch tube amp by fender, marshall, mesa or vox under a grand.
~Defiant~
A fender 65 - deluxe reverb is a very nice amp, perfect for blues and light rock, however the line 6 spider is, IMO, a poor amp, you might want to consider scraping the spider entirely and getting an amp you can do metal as well with.
Last edited by greenwoodfan93 at Jul 19, 2009,
im not using the spider as the amp, im just using the power amp to run my gt - 10 through (multi efx with amp modeling) and i know the line 6 is a poor amp, its piss poor, thats why i got the gt10. But i need something for cleans and has tubes cause as much as you emulate you cant make a tube tone with something that doesnt have tubes
~Defiant~
Egnator rebel 30 or rebel 20

Edit: I didn't see that you wanted specific brands. You should check this amp out if they have one though.

If not maybe look at a fender hot rod deluxe. The marshall haze series is supposed to be good for blues but I have no experience with them.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Last edited by funkbass369 at Jul 19, 2009,
A vox ac15 would be good but I think it's a bit above a grand, check that out.
If you can't get the ac15, then the Deluxe reverb would be good
Quote by funkbass369

Edit: I didn't see that you wanted specific brands. You should check this amp out if they have one though.

its not that i want specific brands its just this store is crap and its all they have ill see if they have a used one tho
~Defiant~
Quote by Aurex
im not using the spider as the amp, im just using the power amp to run my gt - 10 through (multi efx with amp modeling) and i know the line 6 is a poor amp, its piss poor, thats why i got the gt10. But i need something for cleans and has tubes cause as much as you emulate you cant make a tube tone with something that doesnt have tubes

Oh fair enough, sorry I didn't see that part. My bad

Anyways, another amp to consider is the Marshall DSL401 I've done some research and it seems to be a very strong amp, I reckon it would be very suitable at achieving Frusciante tone.
Quote by greenwoodfan93
Oh fair enough, sorry I didn't see that part. My bad

Anyways, another amp to consider is the Marshall DSL401 I've done some research and it seems to be a very strong amp, I reckon it would be very suitable at achieving Frusciante tone.

will look into it thanks
~Defiant~