Page 1 of 2
This is most probably a stupid question but how did you save up for yours? cause i've tried so many times before to save for one but i can never get past the £500 mark and there is like no jobs at all where is live i can only get like small jobs that pay £20 a day at the flower shop my Mum works in =/ and i rarely get those.
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!
rob a bank or put a huge bet on manchester city as they are going to win the premier league this year
extortion man,
My Fun Guitars
Fender Strat
Ibanez Rg-320

My Junk Guitars
Hondo II acoustic
Yamaha F-310
Jay Turser Les paul knock off of doom
1st off....work a full day (8 hours) and get a decent daily wage. 2nd...go to guitar center and ask about financing plans, they are very willing. that's how i saved up for my Gibson LP
If you get upto 500 and then spend it, then I would suggest opening a savings account just for the guitar.

Considering you can't withdraw, I think it'll be useful. Just put a little bit of what you get into it, it'll build up over time.
Last edited by Cuomo_09 at Jul 19, 2009,
I live in England so there are no Guitar Center's which sorta sucks. But i like Cuomo_09's idea.
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

BUY USED

Or even go to a different company.
Epiphone, Agile, etc.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
I'm actually surprised no one has laughed at the fact I'm a 17 year old boy who works in a flower shop lol

Quote by morganite14
rob a bank or put a huge bet on manchester city as they are going to win the premier league this year

first one has more chance of success than the second.

just sayin'
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by Dempsey68
first one has more chance of success than the second.

just sayin'

i think everything mentioned in the thread has more chance at succeeding than the second one

anyway, just put it in the bank
Nah i Don't trust Epiphone i had three and they all sucked lol. I think I'll stick with the savings idea.

I've been saving up since I was a kid really, which is why I could afford to get an esp, gibby and the peavey.

I've worked hard for them though, I didn't just buy them because I could.
Main Gear
Gibson Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Esp Eclipse-I CTM DPS w/18v Mod
PRS Custom 24 Angry Larry
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
Fort Knox or something. A gibson costs almost as much as Hannah Montana's piece of toast with the face of the christ child on it. That's not actually real. But it sounds expensive.
Step 1
Grow a beard
Step 2
Go to the store and buy a VERY big hat.
Step 3
Take your guitar to a busy place
Step 4
Put the hat on the ground and start playing your guitar.
Step 5
Don't let the hobos steal from your hat.
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
Quote by richymisiak
i think everything mentioned in the thread has more chance at succeeding than the second one

anyway, just put it in the bank

i think ts should put money on west ham to win the premier league

>_>

<_<

follow your username and buy a japanese tokai instead. or other quality japanese copy.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
follow your username and buy a japanese tokai instead. or other quality japanese copy.

+1
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
Yeah good point, cause mine Chinese Tokai is apparently as good as a Les Paul Studio

my parents bought me mine as reimbursement for getting into a program that pays for two years of college. but at the time I was still only 13. otherwise, I use mert based grant and scholarship money to pay for gear.
Last edited by al112987 at Jul 19, 2009,
You were 13 when you went to college?!?!?!

Quote by Tokai09
You were 13 when you went to college?!?!?!

I was 16 when I started college, but I agreed to do the program in exchange for the guitar a few years beforehand. The school I went to was an early college, two years of AP classes and then straight to college classes at a rather expensive, private liberal arts college, which students don't have to pay for. Thus for them paying $1000 for a guitar in exchange for about $50,000 worth of college tuition is not a bad deal.
Ahh ok lol. I should of done that instead I'm starting my 2nd year at College and I'm at the top of my class and got award for it and all i got from my Mum was "Didn't your certificate come with a cup?" lol

I think the big thing for me was that I wanted to go to a normal high school with all my friends, but my parents insisted that I go to a special program full of nerds, and to keep me appeased, they sent a guitar my way. Not an expensive Gibson though, they weren't sure if I was going to stay with playing guitar right handed (I had been playing left handed for several years, and they did not want to pay for the left handed les paul)
Same with me i started off left handed for like 2 years then i got told that some left handed electrics can be £50 upwards more expensive than a right handed model. But this guy i know started of left handed for like 20 years went you right handed for like 5 years then went back to left handed then the last time i talked to him he was thinking about learning right handed again lol but he had like Fenders and Gibson throughout the years.....yet he plays through a Marhsall MG half stack =/

Is your job cash in hand or something?

£20 is below minimum wage if you work 9-5. (I'm assuming here)
Yeah it is but it's more like 7 til 5 some days but I don't mind the pay if that's the only job i can get hold of that pays then i don't mind. But last Christmas i help do deliveries and i got paid like £100 for three days work.

I don't have a gibson, but I make minimum wage at a 18 hour a week job. It sucks, but it will pay for the BC Rich I have my eyes on
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
Play what you have and wait until you are older and can (hopefully) afford the more expensive toys.
just keep putting money aside when you get it. when i first got a job, a little bit from my paycheck went aside into an envelope to buy my schecter. but also, money from my birthday helped. a savings account will help too, since you earn interest (not much but hey, its free money.) anyway, im saving up for a bugera 6262. i have the money, just gotta make sure it doesn't end up needing to be spent on car repair (growing up sux). good luck with saving. also, ask your parents to help you out, won't kill you to ask.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
I afforded mine via two ways:
1) working, plain and simple, and
2) It was my 21st birthday. For my brother and my sister's 21st birthdays, my parents had helped them pay for cars, a flat, etc etc. My father, who was very heavily into what we now call the classic rock scene of the 70's back in the day - he was a roadie at the 1970 Isle Of Wight Festival and he was a guitar tech and played harmonica for a couple of moderately popular bands back then - offered to get me an LP Standard. However since I already had quite a bit of money myself I figured it was smarter to put our money together and get something that would be really special and that would last probably longer than I will, and so we went 50/50 on a Gibson Custom Shop 1959 VOS Reissue Les Paul.

It actually makes it mean much more to me. Normally I don't agree with the whole "Little Timmy getting Mummy and Daddy to buy everything for him", but I did put in half the cash myself and in a way it's nicer that it was something I got with my Dad, given how much of his life he spent in and around rock music and how much I know it means to him.

So, there you have it. Doesn't help OP, but there's the question answered.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
honestly? I sold all my beginners junk, amps, guitars, and put that money towards it. Also, I would get to school early and me and my friend would sit in the hall and jam with our cases open and people threw in money. After a month of that and working odd jobs I had enough to get a faded Gibson V. I now realize I should have bought the Ibanez V that was $20 dollars more.
A faulty outlet killed my mac, Instead of using the insurance money to by a new computer i brought a Les Paul.
But, 500 quid is enough for a second hand Gibson...
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
I did the 12 months thing that they no longer do. But i also had a summer job for 6 weeks and made enough to pay off my guitar, get a new amp, and now a nice new pedal. Lifeguarding is the best job ever.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Page 1 of 2