Hey

Anyone have any recommendations for a good beginner guitar? Something in the cheap end.

Would something like this be ok for the first couple of years? Or would I be better to just fork out the cash for a decent guitar in the first place?

Thanks.
Fender Strat, the 1 with the white inside and a coloured outside, normally about £100, they're all u need as a starter
Me being the Jackson fan I am would say a jackson Js series. They are about $400 but are better then most started guitars and will last you for years.

Also what are you going to play, do you need an amp and what is you budget?
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
Squier Stratocaster,

In my opinion Squiers are easily one of the best beginner/intermediate guitar manufacturers around, cheap, reliable and sound pretty nice
well some people say to get a cheap beginner guitar like a squier or some fender something to along those lines to familiarize one self with a guitar but id say screw that save up and get a high end guitar..if i had the chance i would
don't get a high end because what if you don't enjoy it? that's like £500 down the ****ter, i'd say just get a cheap squier or westfield or something and then after a couple of months get a better one
yea. go get a squier, because then if you dont like playing the guitar, its not much money wasted. even if you want go with some of your really cheap asian brands. i have 2, and i use one as my main guitar at gigs. screw the $2000 dollar one.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Quote by professorlamp
don't get a high end because what if you don't enjoy it? that's like £500 down the ****ter, i'd say just get a cheap squier or westfield or something and then after a couple of months get a better one
...or upgrade it. Hell, if you get a Squier Tele or Strat, you can get new pickups, tuners, and maybe some other stuff like a new bridge, for a total of $200-300 you have a damn good guitar. That's what I'm planning to do with my Tele once I have the money. I'm thinking I'll get Seymour Duncan alnico II pros ($88 each) and maybe some good Fender tuners for $50-60 and it'll be a damn good guitar. I paid $170 new, plus $236 (88+88+60) and that equals $406. I'd say that's not a bad guitar for $406.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
I personally wouldnt get a guitar that costs less than 200 but thats just me. Having a guitar your truly proud of makes you want to practice more, just ask anyone. If you find out you dont want to play later its not a total waste cuz you can sell it used. My first guitar was an Epi les paul std plus and I was glad I bought it instead of some cheap "starter" guitar
personally I would not go with something overlycheap because you are going to want something with decent action and semi decent sound. Standard Fender strats are reasonable if you dont mind the necks. I would also suggest looking up the older model Jackson Dk2s....beautiful sound and go for about 400 on ebay. I used to own one and I loved it...very playable.
Yamaha Pacifica 112V is the best starter guitar in my opinion
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1