Hello all.
I was talking to the lead guitarist in my band today and he told me that he is getting a Hellraiser. In fact, out rhythm guitarist is doing the same thing. Since I'm still looking to buy a new bass, he suggested that I get a Schecter bass. But would it really matter for the sound of the band? I've had my eye on an Ibanez SR505, but I dont know...
Last edited by Rogue_Bassist at Jul 19, 2009,
Do whatever you want, Looks like that one guy is obsessed with a certain band that uses Schecter guitars?
Quote by Jody LeCompte
"My personal preference has always been for a rack unit. One less thing to play dance dance revolution with on your pedalboard"

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Of course it doesn't matter. Hell, Opeth use PRS guitars and a blimmin' Fender Marcus Miller sig. You do not need to be a walking advertisement group for Schecter in order to sound good.

This
ಠ_ಠ

Notice how I have not quoted anyone, you could be the first! Make me lol!

198th person with a llama in a sig!

I unfortunately witnessed The Night of The Pear II
Yeah definitely buy what you want man. Unless Schecter is sponsoring your band and wants to give you instruments for free then buy what you want man.
Elitists and Hypocrites
Nah, if you get a Schecter then you are buying a good quality bass, if the guitars are anything to go by.

But really, the whole "getting 3 schecters thing" isn't gonna make you any better than you are as a band anyway, its just a fashion statement more than anything, really.
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
get what sound best to you, not anyone else. if you're going for music over image (i assume you're not a motley crue wannabe) then get what you want to play.

also your band probably won't last that long - your bass will. if it gets to the point where it's noticable enough to matter that you all play different instruments you can line up a new one then.
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
The only plus side to all of you having schecters is that if by some small chance the CEO of schecter sees you guys on stage and he likes you he might offer a sponsorship your way. But don't hold your breath, you'll probably be waiting a long ass time
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
A heavy metal band in kilkenny all played corts, and one day some fella from cort when they were doing a small european tour saw them.

Now they have loads of cort guitars.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Good. I really wasnt sold on a Schecter bass. They seem nice, but I really like that Ibanez. Thanks folks
Quote by fatgoogle
A heavy metal band in kilkenny all played corts, and one day some fella from cort when they were doing a small european tour saw them.

Now they have loads of cort guitars.

kilkenny as in the small(ish) irish town? my grandma was from around that way!
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Quote by doive
kilkenny as in the small(ish) irish town? my grandma was from around that way!

Yep, well its quite big for Ireland, but ive seen towns in England that i would call small citys in terms of size.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
Yep, well its quite big for Ireland, but ive seen towns in England that i would call small citys in terms of size.

Reading is one of those towns, it's the size of a city but it's not cause we don't have a cathedral.

Anyhow, on topic. Just get whatever bass you like most. No sense in getting one just because your guitarist wants to be like "OMG WE HAVE THE SAME BRAND HOW AWESOME IS THAT!!!!"
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Soon a Fender Deluxe Jazz V & an LTD 206
If I recall... I tried an Ibanez SR505 today. Quite a nice instrument. Even tho I have my opinion about Ibanezes, still... Pretty solid choice. Schecter electric guitars are really good. I'm looking to get one at some point. But seriously - NEVER let anybody decide what is better for you, unless they provide solid points, that should be concidered.
If you can afford it I would do it. Schecter's are pretty good quality instruments anyway.
Quote by DempseyPunk
I thought i saw jesus doing the same thing. He wasnt disguised as a hobo though, he just looked like jesus. He asked me for about tree fiddy. Then it hit me. It wasnt no jesus, it was that god dam loch ness monster.