Hey everybody, just wondering if you could give me a bit of advice on my next guitar purchase. I'm an intermediate player and I play all forms of Rock but mostly Metal (Lamb of God, Machine Head, Metallica, Pantera, Testament etc.). I'm looking at around £400. I'm really puzzled about what to buy so maybe you guys can sort me out.

Thanks in advance everybody.

Peace.
Jackson X seires or even the Hellraises are very nice.
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Kramer-Striker-Custom-FR424CM-Electric-Guitar?sku=515347

Edit: I'm not sure if Musician's Friend ships to UK, nor do I know how much this costs there, but it's a pretty good model for the price. Floyd Rose, two Quad rails (x2 a humbucker) and a Dual rail - both splitable -, and a 16" neck radius make this a pretty good guitar for metal.
Last edited by TheLetheProject at Jul 19, 2009,
esp or a jackson

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
Quote by rkp1992
hellraiser or a c-1 are my favorites for metal

Hellraisers sound like popular ones, I'll give them a look thanks.
jus dont get a cheap ESP they look good but there made out of agathis which isnt good for guitars at all. i mean like bellow 500 dollars some higher might have it to but just check to be shure. you cant go wrong with a jackson, ibanez, or schecter. just try em all out and see what feels right
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.
I have the Ibanez ART 300 and its great, I have a reveiw on it, check it out. Great Guitar for metal, shred and even the stuff without distotion.

btw, The finish in the picture for the reveiw is the worst finish for it i think, So check out the black finish on google images
Gear

Guitars
Ibanez ART 300
Squier Strat
Godin 12 string Antique cedarburst
Ibanez RGD 320

Amps
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60W
Peavey Solo 15 W
Fender 10 W

Effects
Dunlop GCB - 95 Crybaby wah
Boss DD-7 Digital Delay
Boss MT-2 Distortion
^ agreed.

that being said, maybe a washburn x50pro (or the FE one with EMGs if it's not over budget)?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by DimebagRob
Hey everybody, just wondering if you could give me a bit of advice on my next guitar purchase. I'm an intermediate player and I play all forms of Rock but mostly Metal (Lamb of God, Machine Head, Metallica, Pantera, Testament etc.). I'm looking at around £400. I'm really puzzled about what to buy so maybe you guys can sort me out.

Thanks in advance everybody.

Peace.

Get an ESP/LTD... They are versatile, quality built, have a great sound and they look great...
Quote by travs2448
jus dont get a cheap ESP they look good but there made out of agathis which isnt good for guitars at all. i mean like bellow 500 dollars some higher might have it to but just check to be shure. you cant go wrong with a jackson, ibanez, or schecter. just try em all out and see what feels right

Where in the hell did you hear that??? They are made out of basswood... Not agathis!!!!!
Ibanez S470 is an awesome guitar for the money and it's just under £400 for the standard version or just over if you get the flame maple top
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
Michael Kelly Hex Deluxe, if you are willing to stretch to £550. EMGs, OFR, 24 frets, all-mahogany, neck-thru...sounds perfect for the music you play.