i was recording a song with my singer with my condensor mic (an AKG perception 200) and it worked fantastically when we started. As we were recording through our songs the mic got wuieter and quieter. now it barely picks up anything. Any ideas? We didnt use a pop filter so im thinking maybe its clogged? Is there any way i can fix this without going to a professional?
5150 III 100W, Mesa 4x12 Cab, Framus Cobra Cab, M-Audio Profire 610, ISA One Pre, SC607-b, Equator D5's, Countryman Type 85 Di box, Radial JCR, Superior Drummer, SSD 4 Ex, TS9, NS-2 and the list goes on and on
Is your phantom power on? Also, a pop filter is to keep 'p' noises from making the signal peak, not keep the mic clean.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
condensor mics dont have batteries do they? and the phantom power is on. Even when i tried it out 2 weeks after it was the same. Our vocalist did cup the mic for a song so maybe it got filled with spit? We do deathcore (i know, another deathcore band lol) so theres alot of saliva flying around. I cant find any way to open it up. And the mic is technically me friends, so i would like to get it working again =D
5150 III 100W, Mesa 4x12 Cab, Framus Cobra Cab, M-Audio Profire 610, ISA One Pre, SC607-b, Equator D5's, Countryman Type 85 Di box, Radial JCR, Superior Drummer, SSD 4 Ex, TS9, NS-2 and the list goes on and on
Some of em have batteries. Look it up online.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
im about 99.99% positive it doesnt, i looked up every review and everything and none say anything about batteries, they all say its run just on phantom power? anyone else have any ideas? is it possible to clog a condensor mic?
Quote by Tig Bitties
Our vocalist did cup the mic for a song

Kill your vocalist
Quote by CatharsisStudio
nothing wrong with cupping sometimes.

with a condenser? ???

the mics stay on the stands when i'm in charge.
not that its ever been an issue

****in hell, the thought of some tool spitting full force into the grill of a nice mic

*shudder*
Quote by TheDriller
Kill your vocalist

lolololol

i know he shouldnt have cupped it, i told him not to but he said it was more natural for him, i shouldnt have went against my instincts =( anyway if thats all that anyone knows i apreciate the help, i guess ill take it to the music shop down from my house and see if they know anything. If anyone has any other feedback please feel free to let me know
Quote by Tig Bitties
lolololol

i know he shouldnt have cupped it, i told him not to but he said it was more natural for him, i shouldnt have went against my instincts =( anyway if thats all that anyone knows i apreciate the help, i guess ill take it to the music shop down from my house and see if they know anything. If anyone has any other feedback please feel free to let me know

you should really contact the manufacturer if its still under warrenty, or whoever you bought it off.