I've been looking at getting a Telecaster and thought about getting a Semi-hollow Telecaster however I have a question for anyone has played one. I was wondering, how does it sound unamplified? I don't expect to sound like a Dreadnought but is it a respectable acoustic sound?
Easily the second best guitarist from Oklahoma City
Not at all. It's still an electric guitar.
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
^^^Yeah i agree, the only difference in sound unplugged is that it sounds a bit thinner.
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!
Personally I'd go with the standard tele, its more versatile than the thinline.
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
Quote by jeffc313
Personally I'd go with the standard tele, its more versatile than the thinline.

Versatile in what way? Depending on which thinline you're talking about they can be very different or very similar guitars.
Quote by CarpUK
Beat the recession by soldering your strings back together! What's more, the extra metal vibrating back and forth will add to your tone... and what could be more metal than more metal!?!

Quote by biga29
Plz uz reel wurdz bcoz wen u tipe lik this its hard 2 red.
i have a semi-hollow and it is louder un-plugged than a straight up solid body. it also has a bit of an acoustic tone. however, it is also an archtop so it has a more acoustic style. the thinline is going to have a touch of acoustic-ness to it unplugged sound, but its not really going to be that noticable. it isnt an acoustic guitar and you really shouldnt expect it to be one. if you want a semi-hollow that sounds acousticy and works well unplugged you are going to need something much bigger and fuller.
If you're for a Hollowed out tele go for the 1972 Telecaster Thinline it' has Fender Wide Range pickups which are AMAZING! seriously or the Fender TC90, just basicaly a double cut away tele with two P-90 Pickups which are Seymour Duncans I think.
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!
It's still an electric guitar... You won't get a very loud sound unplugged. It would be like playing an electric guitar unplugged. Personally, you should just get a Telecaster... By the way, what kind of music are you playing?
I have a Squier V.M. Tele Thinline and it isn't louder than my Affinity Strat. However, It is the sweetest guitar I own. I actually prefer it to the Fender versions for its neck, It is easier to bend with than on a Fender. However, The stock hardware wasn't so good so I replaced a few parts. It plays better now.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Check out the JA90, it's the Jim Adkins (Jimmy Eat World) signature model, and it's based on a TC90 but it's WAY cooler. I would kill for one.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite