Hello all,

I'm trying to decide between the Seymour Duncan Sh-6 (Also known as the Duncan Distortion, right? Maybe? I dunno) and the Dimarzio X2n. I'm looking for a bridge pickup that can handle death metal and have the versatility to handle some blues and clean channel shenanigans when needed.

I'm also wanting to have some good harmonics.

Do any of you nice people have experience with these pickups? Your suggestions are greatly appreciated.
the X2n is worse then a active pick up for cleans it is just a bit to hot, mabe a evolution it can do clean and blues and I use it in a deathcore band, or the diactivator, super distortion, JB
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger
Quote by Whale Nip
Hello all,

I'm trying to decide between the Seymour Duncan Sh-6 (Also known as the Duncan Distortion, right? Maybe? I dunno) and the Dimarzio X2n. I'm looking for a bridge pickup that can handle death metal and have the versatility to handle some blues and clean channel shenanigans when needed.

I'm also wanting to have some good harmonics.

Do any of you nice people have experience with these pickups? Your suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Hmmm. Winman9999 has suggested, the X2N really isn't a "clean" or "slightly pushed" pickup. Its quite the brootal pickup through and through. If you want to go with Seymour Duncan or Dimarzio, I suggest you look at other pickups. (I'll try to throw some suggestions in a while). The X2N is a brootalz pickup through and through... when you hit the clean channel, you can hear some overdrive creeping into your sound. Hit the string hard enough and your clean channel gets overdriven very easily.

Alternatively, if you're good with customs, I'd suggest a Bare Knuckle Nailbomb or Cold Sweats.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at Jul 19, 2009,
eh i don't find the X2N that hot of a pickup. like play softly enough and you'll get some decent cleans nothing extraordinary but it's not as bad as it's been made out of. the only problem i could find was that it didn't do the blues that well. and i've think i've got a duncan distortion in my ibanez rg so i'll tell ya how that sounds when i get around to playing it again.