Page 1 of 2
Well, I come home from a week long bike trip and lo and behold there's my amp waiting for me! It's put in a Marshall MG100DFX box. I laugh silently to myself and say "Funny joke, MusiciansFriend! Giving me a crappy amp box..."

As I start unpacking, I see a Marshall Footswitch box. Now I'm starting to sweat. I think "Aw, they probably just ran out of Peavey footswitches and so they sent me a Marshall, no biggie." Then I remove the box cover, and there sits an ugly, Marshall MG100DFX amplifier. Definitely not the Valveking I was expecting...

So of course I dash to the phone and call customer support. They very politely tell me that the numbers in the warehouse were probably numbered wrong, or a warehouse worker lacking their coffee grabbed the wrong amp. Nevertheless, he says, "we need to get you the right amp." So he's sending me a prepaid postage label to send the Marshall back and that I should call them on Tuesday to get my Valveking with free 2nd day air shipping.

So, not the right NAD but hopefully by the end of the week, the problem will be rectified!

This happen to anyone before? They said this happens roughly 40-50 times/year
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Oh god that sucks. Precisely why I don't like buying online.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
It's a ploy to show you how bad the Valveking is.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by Rikki DeMartini
Pics or it's an MG.

Wait...

Hah, take my word. I'd have pics if it was really my Valveking. However, I don't want to make anyone puke with Marshall MG pic****.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Quote by jc349
Oh god that sucks. Precisely why I don't like buying online.

I live in Alaska, so precisely why I have to buy online. Local stores have no stock
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Wouldn't that be nice if they accidentally gave you any other Marshall =)
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
I knew someone was going to say that, or valvestate.

You got my point .
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Quote by soul.power
I live in Alaska, so precisely why I have to buy online. Local stores have no stock

that sucks. Usually I don't mind going to Guitar Center or Long & McQuade, even if it ends up costing a bit more. That way you can try before you buy, they can't screw up your order, and you can usually talk them down or get free stuff thrown in.

It must suck living in Alaska. haha pretty much every eBay page says- Shipping to lower 48 only.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Hey - post pics of it. What the heck, it's a new amp, it qualifies. Also, do some clips and see what you can get out of it. Seriously.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
Hey - post pics of it. What the heck, it's a new amp, it qualifies. Also, do some clips and see what you can get out of it. Seriously.

I'd rather not use it, because I don't want to have it get messed up and have them blame me for it. A slim chance but one I don't want to take.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Quote by soul.power
I'd rather not use it, because I don't want to have it get messed up and have them blame me for it. A slim chance but one I don't want to take.

Assuming it isn't broke already.

Don't blame you.
that sucks
good luck getting the amp you wanted
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
Dude, you handled it much better than I would've. I would've been on the phone cursing at those mofos.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
You know it would be so much better if it was a higher end amp. They say it happens 40-50 times a year, but thats probably only the reported ones, the others are people who ordered some whatever amp, and they end up with some high end t00bz.
Fender Mexi Strat
FuzzFace/Rangemaster
Boss RC-2
Line 6 Flextone III XL
Ibanez aw20ce

FS/FT
Boss TU-2
Marhsall BB-2
Digitech Digiverb
Digitech PDS1700
535q wah
Quote by khfan23
You know it would be so much better if it was a higher end amp. They say it happens 40-50 times a year, but thats probably only the reported ones, the others are people who ordered some whatever amp, and they end up with some high end t00bz.

*runs to phone and orders 50 behringer practice amps*
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
5$ says TS actually ordered the MG and acted like he meant to get a valveking after reading a few GG&A threads....

anywho that stinks, valvekings are pretty cool i hope you like it. I didn't realize how bad MGs were untill the other day, and i didn't even bother with the OD, the clean was definetely NOT MARSHALLY!!!!!
Quote by soul.power
Hah, take my word. I'd have pics if it was really my Valveking. However, I don't want to make anyone puke with Marshall MG pic****.

i actually think marshalls are pretty sexy, even the MGs.

*im referring to looks, not sounds*
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
It sucks that you got an MG, but plz take some pics i beg you
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Crate V33 212 Combo
DigiTech Whammy IV
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR Classic Distortion
Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Boss GE-7 Equalizer

man thats some bad karma, what you do to deserve that?
My Fun Guitars
Fender Strat
Ibanez Rg-320

My Junk Guitars
Hondo II acoustic
Yamaha F-310
Jay Turser Les paul knock off of doom
People say "This is why I don't order online", but I tell ya, every single time Musicians friend has screwed up with me, I've walked away with something out of it that made it worth it.

To start it off, they've given me a 15% discount on almost everything I've bought, including my $2000 Les Paul. They've given me price matches on guitars that went on clearance past the 45 day return and price match policy. They've shipped me the wrong $30 strap.....the one they sent was awesome but not what I ordered, so they told me to keep the strap that was wrong and they sent me the right one on top of it (I actually needed 2 straps so it worked out great, and even though I was prepared to send the wrong one back, they told me they "find it easier this way just to let you keep it"). About a month after owning my Les Paul, I realized something wasnt quite right with it. The tone pot on treble side was acting up. I called MF, and they offered to replace the guitar completely (which Gibsons dont quality for their 45 day return, only 10 day return and this was 30 days after). Well I loved the guitar so much that I just took it to a Gibson authorized tech, and it turns out the tone pots were not soldered at ALL on the grounding tab, and the only reason the guitar was working was because the grounding tabs were bent and touching the pots. The tech fixed it in 3 minutes, didnt even bother filling a warranty labor report out, and sent me on my way. Musicians friend gave me a $50 credit, only after trying to give me another $200 off the guitar until the manager informed me that Gibson just changed their policies and they can't discount that heavily on their guitars any more.

I have a friend who tried to buy an Alvarez PD80SC acoustic just like mine, and he ordered it when it went on fire sale clearance. Well, his order went through online, but it turns out they actually sold the last one the order before his so he got notified the next day he didnt order in time. He really wanted that guitar, but to make it up they gave him the PD85SC (which cost about $200 more due to the Violin finish) for the original PD80SC price plus a discount on top of it.

Long story short, Musicians Friend will go to the moon and back if something is wrong with your order and you will almost always come out of it getting something more than you should have. I am a customer for life.
Last edited by GuitarDTO at Jul 19, 2009,
Quote by conor1148
i actually think marshalls are pretty sexy, even the MGs.

*im referring to looks, not sounds*

Conor, about 99 times out of 100 I agree with your posts. Since this is an "opinion" related retort, I have to disagree. I think Marshalls, except the jubes and white amps, are butt farking ugly. I'm speaking of the usual black cab, white logo, gold face amps. I own one and have owned others. But the first thing I did was take that hideous white abomination of a logo off the amp. Then replaced the knobs with chickenheads and replaced the black grill with a gold/black one.
Quote by GuitarDTO
People say "This is why I don't order online", but I tell ya, every single time Musicians friend has screwed up with me, I've walked away with something out of it that made it worth it.

To start it off, they've given me a 15% discount on almost everything I've bought, including my $2000 Les Paul. They've given me price matches on guitars that went on clearance past the 45 day return and price match policy. They've shipped me the wrong $30 strap.....the one they sent was awesome but not what I ordered, so they told me to keep the strap that was wrong and they sent me the right one on top of it (I actually needed 2 straps so it worked out great, and even though I was prepared to send the wrong one back, they told me they "find it easier this way just to let you keep it"). About a month after owning my Les Paul, I realized something wasnt quite right with it. The tone pot on treble side was acting up. I called MF, and they offered to replace the guitar completely (which Gibsons dont quality for their 45 day return, only 10 day return and this was 30 days after). Well I loved the guitar so much that I just took it to a Gibson authorized tech, and it turns out the tone pots were not soldered at ALL on the grounding tab, and the only reason the guitar was working was because the grounding tabs were bent and touching the pots. The tech fixed it in 3 minutes, didnt even bother filling a warranty labor report out, and sent me on my way. Musicians friend gave me a $50 credit, only after trying to give me another $200 off the guitar until the manager informed me that Gibson just changed their policies and they can't discount that heavily on their guitars any more.

I have a friend who tried to buy an Alvarez PD80SC acoustic just like mine, and he ordered it when it went on fire sale clearance. Well, his order went through online, but it turns out they actually sold the last one the order before his so he got notified the next day he didnt order in time. He really wanted that guitar, but to make it up they gave him the PD85SC (which cost about $200 more due to the Violin finish) for the original PD80SC price plus a discount on top of it.

Long story short, Musicians Friend will go to the moon and back if something is wrong with your order and you will almost always come out of it getting something more than you should have. I am a customer for life.

God, they probably have your number saved and run for the hills when it rings and your number shows up.
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
Quote by fender4482
God, they probably have your number saved and run for the hills when it rings and your number shows up.

I've dropped over 4 large with them in the last year ; ) I have a feeling they will be taking care of me for awhile any time they see my account!
Quote by gregs1020
Conor, about 99 times out of 100 I agree with your posts. Since this is an "opinion" related retort, I have to disagree. I think Marshalls, except the jubes and white amps, are butt farking ugly. I'm speaking of the usual black cab, white logo, gold face amps. I own one and have owned others. But the first thing I did was take that hideous white abomination of a logo off the amp. Then replaced the knobs with chickenheads and replaced the black grill with a gold/black one.

i didnt think anyone ever agreed with me on anything

i just like the simplicity of it, i like things super simple or way over the top
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by Rikki DeMartini
Pics or it's an MG.

Wait...

This sounds like it would be a brilliant april fools joke.
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
Quote by conor1148
i didnt think anyone ever agreed with me on anything

i just like the simplicity of it, i like things super simple or way over the top

im with you on the simple thing, thats for sure...
Quote by tr3nt
I knew someone was going to say that, or valvestate.

You got my point .

yeah, that's terrible. i've had it happen to me before, amazon sent me the wrong cable to hook up my POD to my computer speakers, but jeez...
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
This happens often. A guy I know got a USA Jackson KE2 by mistake instead of the dinky he ordered, let's just say that he didn't tell anyone.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
This is more disappointing than when I found out santa wasn't real.
But santa doesn't have good customer service like these guys.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
since they mixed up the order numbers, does that mean someone got your valveking instead of their mg? if so, this little mishap saved them from bad tone! by getting this mg, you have rescued some noob in another part of the country by d3liv3rin da t00bz
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I bet theres some n00b somewhere chucking a valveking at all wall shouting
"It dosen't say Marshall on it!"
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
I bet theres some n00b somewhere chucking a valveking at all wall shouting
"It dosen't say Marshall on it!"

Quote by soul.power

I'd be worried about breaking the camera...
Peavey 6505+ Head
Mesa/Boogie Oversized Rectifier 4x12 Cab
Schecter Diamond Series 006
Ibanez SZR720 TGB
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Roland Micro Cube 10watt
Page 1 of 2