halfway through this - and it does look quite promising, maybe i will learn more from later programs.

I was vaguely aware that the pentatonic was common across all cultures but had only really thought about the octave and 5th in terms of frequency relations - are there any obvious frequency relations between the other notes of the pentatonics?
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Quote by doive
halfway through this - and it does look quite promising, maybe i will learn more from later programs.

I was vaguely aware that the pentatonic was common across all cultures but had only really thought about the octave and 5th in terms of frequency relations - are there any obvious frequency relations between the other notes of the pentatonics?

Not sure.
finished episode one and will watch the rest of the series in the coming days. Definitely a good place to point people as an alternative to the crusade lessons if their willing to go more into musical history to see where it comes from rather than just how it works.

Might help to put an end to those "i want to sound like medieval/classical/jazz music what scale should i play threads" well not an end - but it gives mt somewhere to direct people
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
I watched them a while back, good stuff.
Quote by UtBDan
this man hits the nail on the head.
was looking for something just like this - cheers dude
Gear
ESP LTD Truckster James Hetfield Sig
120W Bugera 333 Amp
Harley Benton G212 Vintage Cab

Desired Gear
ESP EX Diamond
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
MXR 10-Band EQ

C4C
Illusory Master
I watched this series the other day and learnt a lot from it, especially the one on rhythm. It was cool to hear all the influences coming through the ages.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
Thanks, this caught my attention for a good 3 hours or so. Very interesting.
ಠ_ಠ

Notice how I have not quoted anyone, you could be the first! Make me lol!

198th person with a llama in a sig!

I unfortunately witnessed The Night of The Pear II
Quote by Ænimus Prime
I watched this series the other day and learnt a lot from it, especially the one on rhythm. It was cool to hear all the influences coming through the ages.

yea that was interesting about the latin influence on music. stuff that seems so normal these days wasnt even around until that cuban influence.
Very cool series. The guy has a good way of explaining things that is entertaining and interesting.

I'm glad I took the time to watch them all.
Si
These are great, thanks.
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Very cool. I was wondering when blues/rock would be introduced in the pentatonic introduction when Bonham came bashing in I'll have to finish watching tonight
Woah. Thanks for Sharing. I'll watch that all later when my annoying cousin comes round so I can just blank her out lol.