Im looking to get a new amp because all I have right now is a pretty crappy practice amp and im looking for something that would be realistic for a gig and something that i wont need to upgrade from for a while. Im looking at spending anywhere from $800 to $1200 (canadian) but if I need to I could probgably go to $1300 if I had to. What are your thoughts/suggestions?
what kind of music do you play?
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
What do you play?
can you go used?
can you sell your unused gear to up your budget?
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by mashedpotatoes
Peavey Valveking Half-Stack

he has 1300 and you are suggesting a VK

sorry....

i suggest a JCM 800 or a Rocker 30 if you play Rawk
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
i can definitely go used if i have too but i really dont think i can pay more than $1300 and I play alternative i guess, like radiohead, dinosaur jr, sonic youth, ...AYWKUBTTOD and stuff
I think 1300 could get you a Vox AC30. Or definitely a fender twin reverb. I would recommend either of those and possibly a Proco Rat for distortion. The AC30 and the Rat are staples of alternative stuff. Specifically, Thom from Radiohead uses the two. Jonny, at one point, had a similar setup as well.
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
Last edited by Greenwood991 at Jul 19, 2009,