Greetings Pit! I put a listing on Craigslist last night about selling my Mbox and recieved an inquiry this morning, asking if it was still available. I replied that it was, and got this as a reply:

Hi
Thanks for the response.I am willing to pay your asking price.I will pay by money order as its the only way i can pay you at the moment.I will make arrangement for the pick-up after payment have been received by you. I dont mind adding an extra twenty dollars so you can keep it in my favor.Reply with your full name,cell phone number,and address where payment should be sent.Please take the posting off craigslist today and consider it sold to me. Expecting to hear from you soon.
Regards
Kate

Anyone with half a brain knows at this point that someone's trying to scam me. Most people would simply ignore the e-mail and move on with trying to sell their item, but I'm looking to have a little fun with this scammer.

Here's the part where I need your help, Pit. I've read the story of the "P-p-p-powerbook" ...]. Now, I don't think I'd be able to pull off anything quite that epic, but I'd still like to find a...how should I say...memorable way to show the scammer I'm not stupid. Let's here those ideas! Please Pit, help me own this scammer!
I thought I heard the door open, oh no,
I thought I heard the door open but
I only heard it close.
Last edited by NorthStarRock at Jul 19, 2009,
Quote by NorthStarRock
Greetings Pit! I put a listing on Craigslist last night about selling my Mbox and recieved an inquiry this morning, asking if it was still available. I replied that it was, and got this as a reply:

Hi
Thanks for the response.I am willing to pay your asking price.I will pay by money order as its the only way i can pay you at the moment.I will make arrangement for the pick-up after payment have been received by you. I dont mind adding an extra twenty dollars so you can keep it in my favor.Reply with your full name,cell phone number,and address where payment should be sent.Please take the posting off craigslist today and consider it sold to me. Expecting to hear from you soon.
Regards
Kate

Anyone with half a brain knows at this point that someone's trying to scam me. Most people would simply ignore the e-mail and move on with trying to sell their item, but I'm looking to have a little fun with this scammer.

Here's the part where I need your help, Pit. I've read the story of the "P-p-p-powerbook" (http://www.zug.com/pranks/powerbook/). Now, I don't think I'd be able to pull off anything quite that epic, but I'd still like to find a...how should I say...memorable way to show the scammer I'm not stupid. Let's here those ideas! Please Pit, help me own this scammer!

You said it
a little lost.....
Quote by NorthStarRock

Hi
Regards
Kate

Here's the part where I need your help, Pit. I've read the story of the "P-p-p-powerbook" (http://www.zug.com/pranks/powerbook/). Now, I don't think I'd be able to pull off anything quite that epic, but I'd still like to find a...how should I say...memorable way to show the scammer I'm not stupid. Let's here those ideas! Please Pit, help me own this scammer!

Kate, hey?

fapfapfapfapfap
Quote by SoftOath
u mean grammar nazi...wait

grammar jesus = grammar nazi...then ....jesus = nazi!!!

omg

Quote by Zugunruhe
*squishes allan143 with a rolled up newspaper*

ok, now everyone can agree that mosquitoes are douchebags.

8/7/09 Night of the Pear II (i was there)
i dont see the sam in that?? i dont know maybe im just dumb l0l
Gonna make the mountains be my home....

"A box of rain will ease the pain and love will see you through"-Robert Hunter
Respond to them that you will take it off the site once you receive payment
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
This **** happens to me all the time!

Always want to send me a damn check, and accidently end up sending me their paycheck, and want you to send it back.
Tell her to send you a picture of herself holding a paper that has her email written on it. If she actually does that, reply saying you fapped to it all night long.
Dear Kate,
Since, by now, it's OBVIOUS you are trying to scam me, please tell me YOUR name and address n' **** so I know where to send the police.
Regards,
"Whatever your name is"
ripdime04, only a fool would accept a money order from craigslist. notice the lack of detail in the posting. she never actually mentions my mbox or anything. it's quite fishy.

maverick_137, i like it, but i'd like to drag this on for longer than that. i'd like to see how long i can get a scammer to go, how much she'll put up with before giving in. i'm trying to have fun with this, not just forget about it =D
I only heard it close.
these are just computer automated e-mails that they send you. so in other words. THEY DONT ****ING CARE WHAT YOU SEND THEM. and if they dont say what item they want in the first email, just dont reply, cause its a scam, you act like "oh this damn scammer is gonna get it!" yea, have fun pranking a computer automated response system. LULZ RITE?
Well Enough Alone
Quote by StratPlayer15
This **** happens to me all the time!

Always want to send me a damn check, and accidently end up sending me their paycheck, and want you to send it back.

Don't send it back.
Quote by guitardude11
these are just computer automated e-mails that they send you. so in other words. THEY DONT ****ING CARE WHAT YOU SEND THEM. and if they dont say what item they want in the first email, just dont reply, cause its a scam, you act like "oh this damn scammer is gonna get it!" yea, have fun pranking a computer automated response system. LULZ RITE?

QFT
Quote by edgeyyz
Don't send it back.

That would be worse, because you have a check from an account that has no money at all. So about 2 weeks later after you cashed it, the bank will give you a call telling you the check has been bounced and they need the money back, and by then you have probably spent most of it.
jeez, guitardude11, what's with the rage? cálmate bro! everything's going to be just fine, no need to shout
I only heard it close.
The pear must be unbannable now
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
Quote by Spengebaab
BA BA DA BA BABA TOS TELI TOS TELI TO TA DA DA PA LA HA

They will eventually give you money.

*reported*

Although it is the only thing that has made me lol in quite some time
a little lost.....