I have to opportunity to get a Blue Box in a trade for my Nano Stone, and I was curious if it would be a good trade considering Id mostly just use it as a straight up fuzz, and pretty much ignore the octive settings. Whatre your thoughts?
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
I don't like the Blue Box at all. It's basically pure noise IMO.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I wouldn't get it just to use as a normal fuzz, the main point of it is the sub-octave. Otherwise it's just a funky, gated fuzz.

What kind of tone are you looking for?
Quote by Mitchell?
I wouldn't get it just to use as a normal fuzz, the main point of it is the sub-octave. Otherwise it's just a funky, gated fuzz.

What kind of tone are you looking for?

Ah, fair enough. Im looking for a heavy, thick fuzz sound. Im planning on buying 'The Judge' Fuzz Factory clone eventually, but if you know of any fuzzes that fit that description, Id like to hear it.

Edit: Also, a little craziness never hurts
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Last edited by IsThereLoveInSp at Jul 19, 2009,
I love the blue box, and for a nano stone i say go for it.
Fender Mexi Strat
FuzzFace/Rangemaster
Boss RC-2
Line 6 Flextone III XL
Ibanez aw20ce

FS/FT
Boss TU-2
Marhsall BB-2
Digitech Digiverb
Digitech PDS1700
535q wah
Quote by IsThereLoveInSp
Ah, fair enough. Im looking for a heavy, thick fuzz sound. Im planning on buying 'The Judge' Fuzz Factory clone eventually, but if you know of any fuzzes that fit that description, Id like to hear it.

Edit: Also, a little craziness never hurts

If you are looking for a thick, heavy fuzz, then a Fuzz Factory is not something you should consider. The FF is a pretty thin, nasally fuzz IMO. What you need is something like the Big Muff, Tonebender, Brassmaster, etc...

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
If you are looking for a thick, heavy fuzz, then a Fuzz Factory is not something you should consider. The FF is a pretty thin, nasally fuzz IMO. What you need is something like the Big Muff, Tonebender, Brassmaster, etc...

Fair enough, but the first tone in this has me thinking that its possible to do both.
Board:
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD

The Judge can get thick and heavy, and it's a Fuzz Factory clone so...

Also, a Brassmaster isn't what I'd call thick or heavy either.

I'd go for Blackout Effectors Musket Fuzz, it's very thick and heavy. It's based off of a Russian Big Muff.
I heard an F-Bomb was supposed to be pretty fuzzy
Fender Mexi Strat
FuzzFace/Rangemaster
Boss RC-2
Line 6 Flextone III XL
Ibanez aw20ce

FS/FT
Boss TU-2
Marhsall BB-2
Digitech Digiverb
Digitech PDS1700
535q wah