So this probably should be in the Tattoo thread.. but hear me out...

So I'm off work today.. there's nothing on TV, so I have T4 on the Beach on in the background and Metro Station come on and the first thing you notice is that lanky singer who looks like someone's gone Crayola crazy all over him..

Exhibit A: http://seventeen4ever.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/l_ee996e4041044cbf98ed784f13abe67b.jpg

Even if that design was on a t-shirt.. I wouldn't wear it.. and this dude's 20 according to the gospel of Wikipedia.

Obviously.. this works well with the [shambolic] pseudo-pop punk image of this 'band'.. but when the 'hits' dry up in a few years and school disco DJ's even refuse to play Shake It where does it leave him; if he's kicking 50 and his torso looks like some old curtains. Has he just covered himself in all this ink just for an image?

I REALLY can't comprehend it.. I'm all for tattoos but I don't get this.. so if anyone out there has sleeves or whatever can help me shed light on it.. go for it
Well I got this guitar and I learned how to make it talk...
That chick is hot.

__.-~~~~-.|___|___|__
_/********\_|___|___|
|*/**\**/**`~~~~~-.__
||****|**0*********@_
||****|***.********|_
\|****|***\*******/__
_\****/**/`~~~~~~`|__
_('--'""`)__|___|___|
Quote by Jesus
LedDaveZeppelin, You are so awesome.
He's Billy Ray Cyrus' son and Miley Cyrus' brother, it's not lik he'll ever have to work at Burger King.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
looks like a giant tool
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Meh, loads of "hardcore" people have silly tats like that (Yeah, he doesn't make hardcore music, but he listens to The Acacia Strain etc). Look at Oli Sykes and Frank Carter ffs.

to all of them tbqh.

Also, I saw that performance, the best part was at the end when the presenter went "What an incredible performance from Metro Station. They have come so far since they were known as 'Southend Bus Stop'". Needless to say, I lol'd

Also, I'm not keen on their music, but judging by this performance from T4 On The Beach today, I'm sort of glad kids are listening to that rather than most of the sh*t on MTV these days. Frankly, emos>chavs imho. Though it's safe to say Dizzee Rascal pwnd them in every way, but still. I'ma shut up now
Quote by whiteraven119
My new hero. Anyone willing to use lethal martial arts against hxc kids is amazing.

That's me

Quote by jaridv1
my penis has a restraining order against me because i beat it

Imagine him when he’s 70+.... I have a tat that I sometimes regret getting (got it while I was 17 and under the influence of alcohol) but its nowhere near as crazy as his!
Strange, It seems like a character mutation, Though I have all the means, of bringing you fuckers down, I can't make myself, To destroy upon command, Somehow forgiveness, lets the evil make a loss - Danger Mouse/Sparklehorse/Wayne Coyne
Metro Station is just another one of the background-fridge-buzz bands who will never become musically relevant and will be forgotten as soon as their novelty wears off.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
I love those tats, except for the "songs of victory" part. Who cares when your 70, do you really think people who are 70 care about their physical image? Guessing by his lifestyle he probably wouldn't even make it to 70 anyway...
Quote by Hybrid_Xer0
I love those tats, except for the "songs of victory" part. Who cares when your 70, do you really think people who are 70 care about their physical image? Guessing by his lifestyle he probably wouldn't even make it to 70 anyway...

You mean being a tool?

Badum-tsh...
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
lmao.
nasty tats. ironic how he probably thinks he's a real badass hardcore fellow. all the while he is writing pop songs for highschool kids.
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
The real question is:

Who care's about Metro-****ing-Station, OR Trace-****ing-Cyrus?
Quote by Wesseem
lmao.
nasty tats. ironic how he probably thinks he's a real badass hardcore fellow. all the while he is writing pop songs for highschool kids.

And getting truckloads of money and women.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by crazy8rgood
The real question is:

Who care's about Metro-****ing-Station, OR Trace-****ing-Cyrus?

I do.

Miley is fucking smoking my friend.
The singer from Suicide Silence has something like that on himself too.

To me, it just looks like you're always wearing a really tight, ugly shirt.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by eazy-c
And getting truckloads of money and women.

touche.
although that isn't ironic. being famous = being rich (for the most part)
it's all about the irony man!!! cmon!
it's such an awesome word that you can't even spell it without 'iron' the metal of men.
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Quote by Hybrid_Xer0
I do.

Miley is fucking smoking my friend.

Did I say anything about Miley in my post?

No. No I did not.

And no, she is not "smoking". She looks like a horse.
i probably shouldn't say this but...

im going to a metro station show next week. (im going to see mayday parade though NOT metro station)

(i said 'show' instead of 'concert' for a reason too)
<--- Craig: Guy With Best Username Ever
Quote by Primus2112
\m/[-_-]\m/

lulz, best name ever.

Quote by herby190
TS, your username is really difficult to type, so I'm just going to refer to you as Craig from now on. Okay? Okay.
[quote="'\m/[-_-"]\m/']i probably shouldn't say this but...

im going to a metro station show next week. (im going to see mayday parade though NOT metro station)

(i said 'show' instead of 'concert' for a reason too)

Get the **** off my planet, you are not worthy of my atmosphere or oxygen.
Quote by crazy8rgood
Did I say anything about Miley in my post?

No. No I did not.

And no, she is not "smoking". She looks like a horse.

Nice emphasis brah.

Well if you don't want it ill have it.
Quote by Joelieo
Get the **** off my planet, you are not worthy of my atmosphere or oxygen.

You can't talk, you live in Preston mate, 'nuff said

/blatant Cheshire v. Lancashire elitism.

Also, give the kid a break, he's allowed to like whatever music he chooses, no matter what you think of it. Thank God he's going for Mayday Parade instead of Metro Station though. I'm not a fan of either, but Mayday>Metro
Quote by whiteraven119
My new hero. Anyone willing to use lethal martial arts against hxc kids is amazing.

That's me

Quote by jaridv1
my penis has a restraining order against me because i beat it

Quote by walkingminstral
Imagine him when he’s 70+.... I have a tat that I sometimes regret getting (got it while I was 17 and under the influence of alcohol) but its nowhere near as crazy as his!

pics?
Schecter Hellraiser C7 w/ BKPs
Hughes and Kettner Switchblade
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez TS9
Boss Tuner
Morley Tremonti Wah

"From My Rotting Body, Flowers Shall Grow, And I Am In Them, And That Is Eternity"
i dont think you sohuld even consider getting a tattoo until you are twetny something.
prog punk pwner
I live in Weston super Mare. Don't you moan about T4, I gotta put up with it more than any of you

I've always wanted to ask people who pop into my supermarket with tattoos if they still like them, never had the guts to though.
Last edited by Craigo at Jul 19, 2009,
As much as i hate Metro Station and that douchebag, he can look however he wants. I myself plan to cover alot of my body in tattoos. While some people just do it to look cool, im doing it purely for myself. Most of my stuff is going to be covered at all times anyway. Even if he is a bit of a dick, who has the right to dictate how someone should look?

Anyway, the whole 'think of how you'll look when you're 70' arguement is a bit stupid to me. To be honest, when your 70 the only person that will see you naked is yourself. Plus you'll be sat in a puddle of your own urine doing crosswords anyway, a bit of ink is going to be the least of your worries.
He reportedly has a tattoo obsession
Quote by Kensai
Happy birthday

Quote by TSmitty6
is it me or does the black kids head look like a bong, and the girl behind him just took a hit and is zonked out?
Quote by supafunkyone
As much as i hate Metro Station and that douchebag, he can look however he wants. I myself plan to cover alot of my body in tattoos. While some people just do it to look cool, im doing it purely for myself. Most of my stuff is going to be covered at all times anyway. Even if he is a bit of a dick, who has the right to dictate how someone should look?

Anyway, the whole 'think of how you'll look when you're 70' arguement is a bit stupid to me. To be honest, when your 70 the only person that will see you naked is yourself. Plus you'll be sat in a puddle of your own urine doing crosswords anyway, a bit of ink is going to be the least of your worries.

+10 billion.
Quote by Lostprophets$$$
You can't talk, you live in Preston mate, 'nuff said

Tell me about it, it's a ****ing ****hole. Manchester any day tbh... Almost went to uni there in september, **** knows why I didn't :|
He looks like he sinus problems, or perhaps an oncoming case of conjunctivitis.
One day I thought those bar-code tattoos were cool.

Then I saw someone who had one, and it looked cool. Then he looked down, and that tattoo stretched to twice it's height, making it look like those sound bars that go up and down.

Lesson of the story: If you must get a tattoo, try and get it on a piece of body that won't stretch.
Any spelling or grammatical errors written above are because of my inferior brain to yours. Good job, you won life.