Put this in the blues and jazz forums but nobody was replying. so im going to see dark star orchestra on wednesday. they are a grateful dead cover band. how are there shows? do they sound good? thanks guys. peace
Gonna make the mountains be my home....

"A box of rain will ease the pain and love will see you through"-Robert Hunter
Yeah dude, they are fantastic. They will either recreate an original GD setlist (they'll say the date it was taken from at the end of the show) or they will play an original setlist. Their playing is spot on...they use similar equipment to the Dead depending on the time period of the show and they have singers who sound very similar to Jerry, Bob, and Donna.
Quote by Grimmy101
Just curious, how much do tickets generally cost for their shows?

$20-30, essentially cheaper than any band that actually has living members of The Dead. Also due to the venues they play though as DSO play small theatres.
Walked past them at Bonnaroo, they really do sound a ton like the Dead. The only problem is that their guitarist isn't Jerry Garcia. I'd say they're definitely worth seeing though.
Quote by Shpongled
$20-30, essentially cheaper than any band that actually has living members of The Dead. Also due to the venues they play though as DSO play small theatres.

yea im paying 35 for a descent seat down here in pittsfield

Quote by ripdime04
yea im paying 35 for a descent seat down here in pittsfield

That sucks, they always play the same general admission venue when they come through here. Probably about a $25 ticket price and you can sit where you want.
damn im gettin g'd