My new band have been writing, and we just decided we would record and post a rough choon on myspace. So hear it is.

http://www.myspace.com/sectioneduk

Criticisms and opinions?

EDIT FOR BUMP: Overdubs done. Still no vox, and still a bit rough on the levels, but its coming along nicely i reckon
Last edited by Tallman at Sep 1, 2009,
it's actually not too bad
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
holy balls... thats some heavy stuff...

I... love it

add some vocals already!!!
No bass player?

I'd love to hear some drop-G 5-string bass in that.
Quote by pwrmax
I'd love to hear some drop-G 5-string bass in that.

lol are humans even capable of hearing such a low frequency?
Quote by Trowzaa
I immediately clenched my butthole after reading that...
I'm a big fan of drop tunings, but I think thats a bit too low, I actually couldent hear the notes very well, but when you go into the higher strings it gets better, more clarity. But on the recording side of things, I would raise the volume on the main mix, It didnt come out very loud.
Quote by vartanspartan
lol are humans even capable of hearing such a low frequency?

The average human ear can go down to 20 Hz which is about an octave below the E string of a bass.
People who say it's too low... it's just because of the mix.

I was really surprised at how well you pulled it off though. Great tone, but should should pan two tracks hard left and hard right for a much bigger sound. I had to crank my headphones up to hear anything.
The guitars are actually quad tracked, 2 to each side.

There IS actually bass, its just playing the same octave as the guitars haha. Im the bass player, and i need to locate something in the way of a .165 string to get a low G with ANY clarity Meshuggah do the bass-doubling-guitar thing, so we tried it for this mix.

Ta for the comments!
****ing awesome, makes me think of meshuggah love the electronics in the beginimg
Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
if you say you have never heard of meshuggah I will slap you, this track screams "MESHUGGAH". could be mixed better, but I digress. some interesting ideas, but tbh, I'm kinda annoyed now with people throwing polyrythmic riffs together in ultra-low tunings. I was really pumped when I heard the intro because I thought it was going to be something really awesome and original, but the rest was, IMO, bland normal metal. that's not a bad thing, but hot damn the intro was soooo freaking cool! you should incorporate more stuff like that in the whole song.
all in all, I'd say a 4/5.
thanks guys!

Yeah, this track is pretty much Catch 33-era Mesh The intro riff wasnt meant to be polymetric, just our guitarist got lost when writing it and ended up making it 19 beats long: so on went the 5/4 cymbal/snare pattern!

We'll get some of the overdubs sorted out, + the vox, and hopefully that will set it apart from being a total Mesh rip off
Last edited by Tallman at Jul 20, 2009,
Quote by Tallman
thanks guys!

Yeah, this track is pretty much Catch 33-era Mesh The intro riff wasnt meant to be polymetric, just our guitarist got lost when writing it and ended up making it 19 beats long: so on went the 5/4 snare cymbal/snare pattern!

We'll get some of the overdubs sorted out, + the vox, and hopefully that will set it apart from being a total Mesh rip off

definately post back, I cant wait to hear the finished track!

EDIT: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1160801 crit back?
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Jul 20, 2009,
I cant beleive its actually metal!
a couple of those riffs are pretty damn sweet
Quote by Soadfan8
I cant beleive its actually metal!
a couple of those riffs are pretty damn sweet

I thought it was God roaring!
Would you be offended if I said listening to that intro riff made me want to pleasure you in endless ways?

Up until 1:29 it was epic awesomeness, but then it dropped to good.

Definitely hope you post the finished track up. :]
That was a sick song, I enjoyed it. Heavy as hell. The intro kind of reminded me of Indestructible by Disturbed, though that's just because of the sirens. Though that doesn't really matter.
yeah if you mixed it a bit better it would be even awesomer, it would be good to get the guitar louder than the cymbals
Quote by WantsLesPaul
I get such a big rush from downloading torrents that I just have to cum all over my face right at that moment.
people who asking for updates on this track: they are going to be awhile comin'. Going to wait for vocals, and will then rerecord the parts.

We began writing a new track which goes into spazzier territory; more Sikth than Meshuggah. Oh, and has more of that glitch/electronica feel as well.

Out of interest, would the mods/regulars prefer a new thread for our other tracks, or should i keep it to this one?
Wow. I like it dude.
Get some effing vocals!
Maybe add some deathcore breakdowns? Haha.
I could really dig a breakdown at like 2:28.
Or a slow on after the audio sample at the end.

Love the progressiveness.
Reminds me of After the Burial.

9/10!
Last edited by gwath42 at Aug 31, 2009,
Awesome song, loving the beats, and im definitely going to say im on the Meshuggah boat as well. Its weird looking in the influences of a Drop G song and seeing The Mars Volta. :p

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1192425 Crit mine if you feel like it.
Peace
Quote by gwath42
Wow. I like it dude.
Get some effing vocals!
Maybe add some deathcore breakdowns? Haha.
I could really dig a breakdown at like 2:28.
Or a slow on after the audio sample at the end.

Love the progressiveness.
Reminds me of After the Burial.

9/10!

No breakdowns are going in this track

Ones we have written have to varying degrees, but i wouldnt describe them as deathcore haha.

Cheers for the comments guys!
We have a had a real mixed response about the Bush thing.

Some people think its cool, others think its really really lame
Quote by Tallman
We have a had a real mixed response about the Bush thing.

Some people think its cool, others think its really really lame

Bush is so metal. Dude, check out my stuff.
While I don't care for your anti-bush stance I think that the song is really awesome!! just add some vocals!
Quote by bagpipemetal
While I don't care for your anti-bush stance I think that the song is really awesome!! just add some vocals!

S'not strictly anti-bush haha. Just the Fish and People thing IS hilarious.