So I was installing a lace sensor red bridge pickup into my telecaster and came across the problem of the bridge pickup cavity not being wide enough to fit the pickup inside completely inside . I figured I have to make a little room and was wondering if using a dremel would be the best option. The space needed is like less than 1/4 of an inch.
You'd prolly do better with a router. A dremel kinda lacks the frijoles to do any major routing.

Or you could use a dremel drum sanding thing and work at it with that. It'll take awhile.
Quote by Invader Jim
You'd prolly do better with a router. A dremel kinda lacks the frijoles to do any major routing.

Or you could use a dremel drum sanding thing and work at it with that. It'll take awhile.

Yeah i don't need to do any major routing...just trim a very small amount around the edges of the bridge pickup cavity. So a dremel would for something that small you think
Yea, just be careful about how much you're taking off. May want to shield the cavity again afterward too, I think some sort of protective paint is always used.
I used my dremel, with a drum sander on it, to route away the inperfections in the cavities in my Peavey rage, Worked great. I don't think my humbucker would've fit if I hadn't done it. It's also great for taking the paint off the edges of the guitar, If you can get fine enough grit.
..I was watching my death.