Page 1 of 3
So... Here's the full story.

I was organising to go camping with my friends this weekend, but it fell through. it was gonna be boys and girls, so naturally, my mother was a bit curious about stuff, and I wasn't bothered. We weren't going out, any of us and we don't like to cause trouble anyway. We were going to drink a bit, and I had arranged with my older sister to help us get some booze.

So my sister calls today after I told her via text we weren't going camping anymore two nights ago and talks to my mum for a few minutes, before asking to speak to me.
She says that whatever she says I've to try and not to show my reaction. My sister tells me that a "source" has told her that my mother went through my phones text messages and found the conversation with me cancelling the booze run.

She's not confronted me, which I'm not worried about, because if she does then I'll have solid evidence that's she's been disrespecting my privacy.

I'm pretty pissed. Should I be?

tl:dr, mother went through my text messages without my permission. I'm pissed. Should I be?
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
You know all you have to do is look online to see what you've been texting? Texting **** like that is retarted.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
That's what you get for
a) Not deleting incriminating texts
b) Leaving your mobile in the kitchen
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
You wouldn't be in this problem if you weren't smuggling booze on a camping trip.
My parents Always go through my schoolbag and occasionally my wallet. They also never knock when they come in my room.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
I have my phone set to delete messages after reading because of this type of thing. My parents don't go through my **** though, they respect my privacy.
You should get drunk and blame her for all your problems with drinking then commit suicide in the washroom while taking a ****... that will show her!
I always delete my history.

And if your mom doesn't want you drinking, I doubt your "Well you be dissin' mah privacy" defense will work.
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
Put your phone to max vibration and max volume. Then sedate her and surgically place your telephone inside her womb.

Good times.
Do you have proof she went through the texts? Innocent until proven guilty.

And if she did, tell her that you were the one that convinced everyone not to bring the alcohol. She'll probably give you a talking to, but you won't get punished.
Yeah, I get pissed at invasions of privacy like that.

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by pbiggie
My parents Always go through my schoolbag and occasionally my wallet. They also never knock when they come in my room.

Do they still feed you with a spoon as well little billy? *pinches cheek*
Be pissed. Have your sister act like it was a joke and make sure she doesn't do anything incriminating.
Delete your inbox and sent messages once in a while. Would you murder someone and then just leave the weapon and your phone number on the body?
PM me for newts
Quote by pbiggie

See, now what you do about that is, get a man, have sex with him in your room. When the "forget" to knock, just be slammin the other man's rear...oh yeah, that'll make them stop.
Quote by phlip999
Do you have proof she went through the texts? Innocent until proven guilty.

And if she did, tell her that you were the one that convinced everyone not to bring the alcohol. She'll probably give you a talking to, but you won't get punished.

He only told them not to bring it because the trip was cancelled. It wasn't some sort of moral decision
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
Quote by herman ri2
Do they still feed you with a spoon as well little billy? *pinches cheek*

ow my cheek!

I don't know why they do it though, they never find anything. And I'm always paranoid that they'll barge in my room while I'm changing.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
I don't have any comments about her going through your texts, but I wouldn't worry about the whole booze smuggling and that. People make way too big a deal about it, it's ridiculous. Just forget it, it never happened anyway.

And about the texts, can't she see that type of stuff on the net somewhere anyway?
Quote by TheBurningFish
So... Here's the full story.

I was orgasming...
That's what I read at first
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
At least it was just booze and not weed or other drugs
I leik music
I have always paid my own bill, and my parents take that as enough not to look though my texts

sucks for you though
One time this chicks mom went through our AIM conversation...

There was some dirty stuff

Quote by mattman93
This, atheists talk about religion more then religious people.

Youtube
Quote by Eliyahu
You wouldn't be in this problem if you weren't smuggling booze on a camping trip.

Besides, I always delete my txts, even though I have a pin number on my phone.
a little lost.....
Quick fix: set your messages to private and make them password protected. Duh.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Another solution is to delete all the ones you don't want her reading, that's what I do.
who's name is the plan under? if its your momma's its her phone to check b****
My Fun Guitars
Fender Strat
Ibanez Rg-320

My Junk Guitars
Hondo II acoustic
Yamaha F-310
Jay Turser Les paul knock off of doom
Your mom would be scared of confronting you about it?

Are you 18 yet? Your parents have every right to go through your stuff, and considering that you were organizing a "booze run" while going camping with friends, then I think she was right to do so. Even if you are over 18, if you're still living under your parent's roof, then I think your mom can do whatever the hell she wants about your "privacy".

My parents have gone through my texts before, and have went through my backpack multiple times. They have even checked up on me a few times when I said I went out somewhere with my friends to make sure I wasn't lying. They don't try to hide it either; they straight up told me to my face whenever they did all the things they've done. Whenever I went on to rant about "privacy" and how they shouldn't do that, my dad would pretty much yell at me and put me in my place. I was 17 at the time and pissed about it then, but now I see that they were right to do so. They are good parents for at least trying to prevent me from doing stupid stuff, even if they were being a little overprotective.

You're living under their roof, and they're giving you food, clothes, and shelter. If your parents want to look through your texts, then stop bitching about it and delete the ones you don't want them seeing. Their house, their rules.
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Classic Vibe '60s Tele
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15
50s Stella Parlor Acoustic

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
Last edited by ilikeguitar90 at Jul 19, 2009,
Quote by pbiggie
ow my cheek!

I don't know why they do it though, they never find anything. And I'm always paranoid that they'll barge in my room while I'm fapping.

Fix'd
Quote by Perfection 101
That's what you get for
a) Not deleting incriminating texts
b) Leaving your mobile in the kitchen

This
especially the first one, cmon now...
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
Quote by TheBurningFish

I was orgasming to go camping with my friends this weekend,

fixed.

(sp?)
enjoi yourself

Quote by Arrived+Dparted

Zeus's beard, I died of laughter
i don't think blaming her is gonna do anything. you secretly drinking behind your back..and she is your mom. moms are the only females that you can't bitchslap because they will just kick your ass and make you eat soap
Quote by iantheman
I laughed at someone for breaking his g-string, and got sigged

Quote by Veil Of Osiris

You just made me spit out my Kool-Aid all over my keyboard.

sorry
Page 1 of 3