Hello all, first post

but anyway, I've been playing for about a year or so on a 91 yamaha pacifica 112 and I'm thinking it time to upgrade. the guitars ive been looking at are the Ibanez RG4EX, a Schecter C-1, and a HSS Mexican strat. I play alot of stonerish stuff like Kyuss, corrosion of conformity, and clutch and what not, but I also play some blues so I would be looking for a guitar that could get a nice clean sound as well as some hard crunch. out of all the guitars I played those three are the ones ive narrowed it down to, suggestions?

and my amp is a peavey bandit 112
Last edited by BamaBlues at Jul 19, 2009,
Schecter C-1 is more of a metal guitar, but you'll get great cleans out of it

If you want blues, cleans and cruncn and... stonerish music, choose the HSS. I think a Standard Strat would be even better.

But make sure you try out all 3 of them in store.
Yeah I'd go with an Epiphone Les Paul or a Fender Strat

EDIT: What is your budget?
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
my budget is around $500, I'm not getting any kind of gibson/epiphone, I'm really leaning towards the Ibanez, it feels alot better on my hands than the other 2
Quote by BamaBlues
Hello all, first post

but anyway, I've been playing for about a year or so on a 91 yamaha pacifica 112 and I'm thinking it time to upgrade. the guitars ive been looking at are the Ibanez RG4EX, a Schecter C-1, and a HSS Mexican strat. I play alot of stonerish stuff like Kyuss, corrosion of conformity, and clutch and what not, but I also play some blues so I would be looking for a guitar that could get a nice clean sound as well as some hard crunch. out of all the guitars I played those three are the ones ive narrowed it down to, suggestions?

and my amp is a peavey bandit 112

You're from Alabama (I assume from your name), you like Kyuss, and you have almost the same amp as me.

Are we the same person?

Also, of those, I'd get the MIM Strat.
Quote by BamaBlues
my budget is around $500, I'm not getting any kind of gibson/epiphone, I'm really leaning towards the Ibanez, it feels alot better on my hands than the other 2

Ah yeah if the Ibanez feels good in your hands then you should definitely think about buying it but you should think about the bridge. The floyd rose bridge isn't the most easiest to work with and if you plan to change tunings alot with this guitars then you would either think about using a backup guitar or block the bridge.