I was asking this guy at my local nusic shop about baritone guitars, but i couldn't understand him..... does any1 know the difference between regular and baritone guitars? plz tell my literally evrything you n=kno about baritones so i can decide if i want a baritone or not. thx
It just has a longer scale than a regular guitar. It's usually used for downtuning but you can also tune to standard.
I think the scale length is usually around 28 inches on baritones, and the string tension is higher.
Quote by JELIFISH19
It just has a longer scale than a regular guitar. It's usually used for downtuning but you can also tune to standard.

well is it good for metal/hardcore cuz that's what i play
Yea a baritone is just a larger scale guitar, its a longer distance between the nut and the bridge. They're mainly for lower tuning like drop c, they require more tension from the strings which means you dont get any buzz from lower tunings.
You can tune a Baritone anywhere from a perfect fifth down to a full octave lower than a regular guitar.

Kirk used a baritone on Invisible Kid. Daron Malakian has an Iceman baritone on a lot of more recent SOAD songs.

Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, and a lot of other country acts used them too.

It's also common on a lot of surf music including the Beach Boys.
Longer neck. Thicker strings but still 6 of them.
I think guitar pups. I've tryed one and it felt really cool especially with distortion
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.
i've tried a baritone, its pretty cool, different feel to it all together deeper sound
My Fun Guitars
Fender Strat
Ibanez Rg-320

My Junk Guitars
Hondo II acoustic
Yamaha F-310
Jay Turser Les paul knock off of doom
Quote by metalcorefan
Do you tune to Drop C or lower?

usually around drop b to drop c is lowest i go
Quote by PUnkMetaL00
usually around drop b to drop c is lowest i go

Yes then maybe you want to check out some baritones if you want to play in drop b (not saying you can't on a standard guitar)