Page 1 of 2
Anyone know how much they're worth? My dad's got one just lying around (needed a little work last time he checked) so i thought I'd check to see what he could get for it.

Edit: Pics added.

Last edited by CaptDin at Jul 20, 2009,
Upwards of $2000 in good condition. I'd keep it though.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
A lot. Get the work done. Beg him for it. Play it.

Do. Not. Let. It. Get. Away.

And pics or it's a frontman.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Don't sell it man, just keep it, then you can replace your spider and you have a classy practice amp.
Do not sell it.

Man, stop tryin to be like Alf, it doesn't work
Quote by Sguit

, doesn't work for alf either.

And please post pics or you are trolling....

Well, it's not mine.... he bought it back in the 60s new, but he never uses it. I know it's a good amp and all, but if he gave it to me, I don't know what I'd do with it other than sell it. I'm not such a fan of Fender amps (the DeVille in my sig is just what I borrow from my dad when I need the firepower), using it as a practice amp just seems like overkill and sort of degrading to the amp itself. lol. And he hasn't even turned it on since the early 70s (he replaced it with a Marshall plexi that he sold in the late 70s ><. I don't even know what's wrong with it, I think it's the AC plug or something little like that.
Quote by Sguit

Sorry, I didn't realize Alf had the 'big-text-with-bold-and-italics' font trademarked. Guess I'll have to find someone else to copy...
Quote by gregs1020
, doesn't work for alf either.

And please post pics or you are trolling....

yeah but still, nobody can be like Alf

And +1 to the pics request
It could be a mid 60s Frontman
Sigh.... look, I don't have a digital camera/camera phone. So just take my word for it, okay? I'm no Einstein but I think I can read the "Deluxe Reverb" decal on the front of the amp.
Quote by CaptDin
Well, it's not mine.... he bought it back in the 60s new, but he never uses it. I know it's a good amp and all, but if he gave it to me, I don't know what I'd do with it other than sell it. I'm not such a fan of Fender amps (the DeVille in my sig is just what I borrow from my dad when I need the firepower), using it as a practice amp just seems like overkill and sort of degrading to the amp itself. lol. And he hasn't even turned it on since the early 70s (he replaced it with a Marshall plexi that he sold in the late 70s ><. I don't even know what's wrong with it, I think it's the AC plug or something little like that.

Sounds like a cheap fix. You could always send it to me if you don't want it.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by CaptDin
Sigh.... look, I don't have a digital camera/camera phone. So just take my word for it, okay? I'm no Einstein but I think I can read the "Deluxe Reverb" decal on the front of the amp.

Well maybe its a false one!

Seriously, I think we can consider this as a NAD
HNAD
Quote by acdcrocks0323
^Would anybody want to...?

What kind of music do you play? You could still get a good use out of it.

I play like, everything from 70s hard rock to 80s hair metal and some thrash. But I've always liked a more Marshally sound... been wanting a JCM800 for a while.
Quote by Sguit
Well maybe its a false one!

Seriously, I think we can consider this as a NAD
HNAD

Sigh... for crying out loud, it's NOT MY AMP! You guys are making me feel bad now, like I'm taking credit for an amp that's not even mine.
Well I suppose that you wanting a Marshally sound isn't anything wrong, but that amp is awesome. Running a Cmatmods Brownie pedal through it would get some good Marshall sounds. That being said, selling that baby would definitly fund a JCM800 and more.
Oh darn, you got me. This whole time I've been pretending that my dad has an amp that he actually doesn't have. Curses. Foiled again.

Seriously, what kind of pathetic loser would I be just sitting here making up stories about imaginary Fenders? I don't really care if you believe me or not. I was hoping I could get some advice, not ego-strokage.
We need pr0nz NAO!!!11!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!1!111!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Okay okay, don't ban me.... I'll get you all some pics to fap to soon enough.
im sorry but when you make a claim such as yours, you need to be able to back it up. why would you post a pic with a guitar in front of it? ive seen more convincing pics of bigfoot, seriously. what does it say under deluxe reverb on the front? what is the serial number? i obviously think you are lying and trolling. post a real pic. ya know the kind where you can see the amp clearly.
That's not pr0nz. That's ****. We need a clear view of the amp.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Sorry, that was the only pic I had of it. But here are some that don't totally suck...

I'll admit I was ignorant to how big a claim this was. I don't know anything about vintage Fenders and which ones are more desirable... etc. I'm just a dumb kid.
And the serial number is A 11533, at least I think that's the serial number....
wowzorz, you fortunate little you. i once sold a nice old fender amp and later regretted it. i wouldnt sell it but thats me, not you. good luck.
I want. By the way, is the DOD250 the reissue or is it vintage?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

The DOD250 pedal is original.... I opened it up and the date is 1981, IIRC. I haven't gotten a chance to try it out... but from what I've heard it probably sounds good. Apparently my dad's got a bunch of cool stuff like that lying around... he claims to have an original MXR Distortion+, Phase 90, and Dyna Comp from the 70s.. but I haven't seen them, so I fear they might have gotten lost during our move 7 years back... unfortunately that was way before I was interested in guitar stuff. Anyways, back to the amp....

Like I've said like 3 times, the amp's not technically mine, I'm just keeping it in my room for safe keeping. I'm starting to get really curious about what this thing sounds like, but I don't know what will happen if I plug it in. I'd never forgive myself if I ruined a $2000 vintage amp. It spent a while just collecting dust in my grandma's garage, then it just sat in our garage for a while, and a few months back I decided to bring it inside and clean it up a bit.
Dude, if you still have the MXRs and they're script logos, keep them for sure. I've played all of them and they sound incredible. The DOD250 is practically a Distortion + circuit with a few changes. It sounds great too.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Bring it to a tech, get it re-capped, and have him check up on it to see what isn't working, probably nothing major. Tell him specifically that you only want the filter caps replaced, leave everything else stock. If it didn't see much use, the tubes could very well still be in very good shape, old tubes last a long time.

Do not sell it. The BF Deluxe Reverb is one of the best rock and blues amps out there. Grab a les paul with a good set of PAF style pickups, plug it in, turn it to 10 and let it rip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8Mq6yrhQvg <--- what a cranked DR sounds like
Last edited by al112987 at Jul 20, 2009,
That is an amazing amp, you'd have to be an absolute fool to sell such a thing! Get it serviced, as previously suggested, and you have a lovely clean and rock amp. A player of any style can appreciate what a good Fender amp sounds like.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Yeah, I feel like I should definitely hang onto this thing. I'll have to find some other way to fund my Marshall....
fix it up as a birthday gift for your father, and then use it when you grow up a little
It's all about feel
Quote by CaptDin
^How much would that run me?
I honestly have no idea as I've never had an amp tech work on my amps before but it could not possibly be more than $50 for replacing the filter caps, if even that much. Diagnosing any problems in the amp though might take longer and cost more.
Retubing and recapping will run about $300-$400. More if they run into more problems. This may be a little high, because I used a really experienced (and expensive) guy, but this is probably pretty close.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Page 1 of 2