for a while now i have been building/customizing guitars, and for the latest project, i chose to go with the signature Kerry King EMGs, which comes with a "boost" switch. So far, i deeply regret the decision to buy these pickups.
I dont know if the problem is just bad wiring or something of the sort, but when i had everything all soldered up and ready to go i took it for a test run and it sounded like absolute trash.
My question is if anyone has played a guitar with these pickups as stock, or correctly put in, because im not sure if my problem is shitty pickups or shitty wiring.
The pickups pick up every slight noise and are the most noisy and distorted things youll ever hear..but then again theyre kerry kings:/

tl;dr: My KKEMG's are sucking, has anybody tried them and if so what kind of sound did you get out of them
I think that they may be designed to make you sound like Kerry King, so they may be doing their job.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
Yeah I was asking for a bill lawrence pup like dimebags but they said the closest they had was the KK EMG's. So it might have a bad tone but I like dimebags tone.

Hope I helped at least
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.
the kerry king set is nothing out of the ordinary, just a standard 81/85 set with a boost switch and a jacked up price.

what amp do you have ?
how close are the pickups to the strings ?
are you using a fresh battery ?
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by mikeyElite
the kerry king set is nothing out of the ordinary, just a standard 81/85 set with a boost switch and a jacked up price.

what amp do you have ?
how close are the pickups to the strings ?
are you using a fresh battery ?

right now im running out of a spiderlll with vox tonelab, i have the neck pickup about 1/4 inch away, and bridge pickup about 1/16th away, i havent messed with different heights yet, and yeah my battery is fine.
i guess its just bad wiring:/
could be bad wiring, but it's also your amp. actives + a spider sounds like vomit in a tin can (for lack of better words).
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
I think you should bring it into a professional. and see if they can fix the problem.
Quote by mikeyElite
could be bad wiring, but it's also your amp. actives + a spider sounds like vomit in a tin can (for lack of better words).

haha yeah, ive figured out pretty much any guitar sounds like vomit in a tin can when using this amp...
but thanks for the help
Quote by vinnie-watt5
Yeah I was asking for a bill lawrence pup like dimebags but they said the closest they had was the KK EMG's. So it might have a bad tone but I like dimebags tone.

Hope I helped at least

btw emgs are active obviously so if your guitar is currently set up with passive it takes some work and money to put them in and they might sound close but there also 100 bucks each. if you want dimes sound actually get an l500xl. 65 bucks and there passive. there amazing dont settle if you really want his tone.
Are you using 25k pots?
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Actives and a preamp after them... sounds like wayyy too much gain for the front end of a Spider to handle. You're gonna kill the poor thing.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by dr.rock666
right now im running out of a spiderlll with vox tonelab, i have the neck pickup about 1/4 inch away, and bridge pickup about 1/16th away, i havent messed with different heights yet, and yeah my battery is fine.
i guess its just bad wiring:/

Anything is going to sand bad with that. My friend had the same set up. It sounds like garbage.
YEAH! ಠ_ಠ
Quote by STABxYOU
Actives and a preamp after them... sounds like wayyy too much gain for the front end of a Spider to handle. You're gonna kill the poor thing.

Isn't the death of another spider a cause for jubilation and celebration?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.