I am wondering if all the USA strat bodies are within a certain tolerance. There has to be some play from machine to machine, but I am wondering what THEIR tolerances are.

Please respond with decimal numbers, where you measured,what type of finish model and all that.

Micrometers and Veneer calipers should do it.
Last edited by Guit-FiddleMan at Jul 20, 2009,
I'm assuming you want people to measure how loud their USA strat is acoustically with a mic? If so that won't work at all due to the number of variables involved. As in how hard the guitar is strummed, where it is strummed, how many strings they strum, what they are fretting, and so on. You just need to be more precise with your questions.
Epi Les Paul Standard
Vox AD50VT
Quote by AgresiveNapkins
I'm assuming you want people to measure how loud their USA strat is acoustically with a mic? If so that won't work at all due to the number of variables involved. As in how hard the guitar is strummed, where it is strummed, how many strings they strum, what they are fretting, and so on. You just need to be more precise with your questions.

I think ts failed grade 8 and 9, and even 1234567 101112 Science, if he doesn't know about getting a control, and variables and everything.

What about the bodies too? Type of mic?

I think it'd be too hard to do.

EDIT: Are you asking how long they sustain for?
..I was watching my death.
What is the question??? Why don't you go to GC or Sam Ash or another large guitar store and do that to all the american strats? Way less variables to think about. And what's the point of this thread exactly? What are you trying to prove?
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Mic as in micrometer,Veneer calipers, measuring tools you use in a manufacturing plant.

Measuring the thickness, width, length, position of routed areas.