Alright I already know there is a SETTING TONE thread, but the tone for Jimmy Page doesn't sound right to me, cause the setting that they put in that thread says to put GAIN at 4. And i dont think it sounds right on my amp. Does anyone know the AMP SETTINGS for the Jimmy Page sound? Or the right sound for Babe I'm Gonna leave you by Led Zeppelin?

The amp I own is a Fender FM 25r. I know its a whatever amp but in a few months im hopeing to get a new one. And the guitar I own is a Godin Detour, I find it a really great guitar and not thinking of selling it or trading it. I own no pedals right now im just using the amp it self for the tones.

Thanks for your help.
^ For Babe Im Gonna Leave You, the best tone idea would to be to use an acoustic obviouslly. But, I play it on the neck/middle pup on the strat, and my Blues Jr to a where my Bass & Mids are up, and Treble down. You would think that would be terrible since that doesnt emulate an acoustic sound at all, but it sounds really good. (To my ears anyway )
Quote by StratPlayer15
^ For Babe Im Gonna Leave You, the best tone idea would to be to use an acoustic obviouslly. But, I play it on the neck/middle pup on the strat, and my Blues Jr to a where my Bass & Mids are up, and Treble down. You would think that would be terrible since that doesnt emulate an acoustic sound at all, but it sounds really good. (To my ears anyway )

ya i got an acoustic guitar too but its some next cheap epiphone $100 guitar. it was my first guitar. and compared to the other acoutic guitars i've played my acoustic sounds like crap. but i use soemtimes, but mostly my electric.
you mean the beginning part?

for the lead parts i just scoop the mids a bit, treble on near full and bass on half. gain is about 2-3 for me.
just do simple math. what kind of gear did jimmy use? what kind of gear do you use? why did jimmy's producers spend all that money on getting that expensive gear? it might be because they could, or maybe it's to get that tone. work hard my friend.
It's all about feel
jimmy used many amps - orange, marshall, hiwatt just to name some. however, he could sound jimmy with all of them. that being said, you will need a bright setup. ie, pickups, amp and all.

go ask al. he knows everything jimmy-related

but given you cant change your current setup, just scoop the mids, make the treble as high as you can without making it shrill or harsh.