So I already have a Squier Strat that is probably about 8 years old. Im interested in buying this Laguna LE122 guitar that comes in a pack but I'm not sure if it is worth it. The pack is $350 but I have a coupon for $100 off so it would cost me $250. It comes with a 15 watt Line 6 Spider III amp and some other accessories.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Laguna-Ultimate-Rock-Rack-Electric-Guitar-Pack-with-Spider-III-15W-Amp-Black-104510029-i1375179.gc

I'm still a beginner and have been trying to teach myself how to play for the past few months so I don't do anything to serious.

So if anyone with a Laguna LE122 or knows anything about it have any opinions that could help me out I would appreciate it. Thanks
im thinking of getting that one too, i would like to see the opinions too

EDIT: well, actually, i went to GC in Hollywood and played it, it wasnt bad and it was definitely better than a Squire Strat IMO. as for the line 6, you should go look at it and see if its an amp you would like.
Guitars:

Mitchell MD100S
Yamaha CS40
Dean V-Coustic
Laguna LE122

Amp:
Line 6 Spider III 15W
Last edited by DC6140 at Jul 19, 2009,
buy a cheap low watt tube amp...your guitar is fine
Quote by HaKattack
Woman tone, eh?

Set treble to PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN WHEN YOU'RE DONE
Mids to YOU'RE DRIVING TOO FAST
Bass to WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "MAKE ME A SANDWICH"?
Gain to NOT TONIGHT, I HAVE A HEADACHE.

starter of the nadsat group
well there was about a five or six year span where I didn't touch it so there is rust on the pickups and bridge. the amp it came with is a 10 watt crate. there really isn't much wrong with it but from what I read online a lot of people have low opinions on squiers so if the laguna will be much better quality then I might get it. plus another thing that I was interested in was that the amp came with built in effects.
Some squier guitars are okay I think it's the Affinity series of squier's that are the decent set. Alternatively another line up of guitars that are good for beginners are the Yamaha Pacifica. The squiers usually go for less than $200 (not too sure on the pacifica's myself).

So you could easily afford a decent modelling amp like the Peavey Vypyr/Roland Cube/Vox Valvetronix. Notice how I didn't include the line 6 spider? There is a specific reasoning behind that and it's just an opinion shared by the majority of the forums that the amp while being decent for a beginner you can usually get much better sounding (to our ears) amps for the same price. Of course that's not to say that it's a **** amp but after having played through one for hours on end I would stick with something else.
Alright well I think you have talked me into just buying a Peavey Vypyr 15 watt amp. I been trying to do some research on it and it seems like a pretty good amp for $100.
I just purchased the Laguna pack from GC. With my $100 off coupon, it only cost me $218 out the door with tax. I am happy. I like the look of the Laguna more that the strat. The amp seems pretty nice. I am very happy with this kit and for the money I paid.
Quote by sjsguitar
I just purchased the Laguna pack from GC. With my $100 off coupon, it only cost me $218 out the door with tax. I am happy. I like the look of the Laguna more that the strat. The amp seems pretty nice. I am very happy with this kit and for the money I paid.

Good decision mate. As far as beginner guitars go, Laguna is definitely a solid choice. You'll want to get a new amp in a couple years (once you outgrow the Spyder), but the LE122 is a great guitar.
Quote by SonOfPest
Its the Lydian mode; formed in Eastern Arabia when the Persians invaded England.

Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
try the sexolydian scale.
Quote by blackout0424
I have an le122 and it's really good. I would recommend u to buy one!

Only over 2 years late
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Elite
Squier Strat
Fender Acoustic
Line 6 POD XT-Live
Blackstar HT-1 Combo
Did you seriously necrobump your own thread just to say that?
HILT!

Where's Waldo?