So I accidentally locked my phone, and didn't know the PIN code, so naturally I guessed until I couldn't anymore. Then it says to call customer service and they say I have to get a new SIM card? WHAT THE FUCK!? Why can't they just have it unlockable by someone there? Does anyone know a reason that this could be even a remotely smart idea?
Because if someone calls with a locked phone that they stole, they can't just unlock it if it's stolen.

Of course, they could make you prove that you own the phone.

So no, there is no possible way that this is a smart idea.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
**** happened to me. They cant change it from there, the password is incrypted in the phone.

Get a new SIM card and deactivate that one.
They don't ask for ID when you buy it so if someone stole it they could get your pin code and unlock your phone. Some people keep important things on their phone such as credit card info and such.
Quote by xMetalGodx
I'm not quite sure if you were trying to be funny or if you have a learning disability, either way, I was not amused.

He is not amused.
Quote by abdulalhazred
you are the best 09er EVER! i am sending you a friend request as soon as i send this

Quote by Ganoosh
Because if someone calls with a locked phone that they stole, they can't just unlock it if it's stolen.

Of course, they could make you prove that you own the phone.

So no, there is no possible way that this is a smart idea.

That's pretty much it, though AT&T has **** for customer service regardless. I work in the Electronics at Wal Mart and occasionally I have to do something cell phone related (that's part of Connection Center, which is in Electronics) and AT&T just sucks.
Quote by Mobroz
Change company.

I will when it's not my mom paying for it

fuck ATT

Quote by Le_Bunny
ITT: I accidentally my phone.

We're not customer service...

Read the post first
Last edited by deadgearsrising at Jul 19, 2009,
Quote by deadgearsrising
So I accidentally locked my phone, and didn't know the PIN code, so naturally I guessed until I couldn't anymore. Then it says to call customer service and they say I have to get a new SIM card? WHAT THE FUCK!? Why can't they just have it unlockable by someone there? Does anyone know a reason that this could be even a remotely smart idea?

Drown yourself.
Eat my dick cheese.
Quote by Eddie4President
But Who Was The Phone!!?

believe it was the "ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring banana phone."

OT: My experiences with ATT was pretty crappy. Those asses tried to screw me over when they couldn't extract money from me.
that sucks man, i also have problems with "Anger, Turmoil, and Trouble" too. I haven't had service in 3 days and today it my girlfriend's birthday. The towers around me picked the perfect weekend to stop working. Good luck with your unlocking problem
Wouldn't it suck if you only had one phone, and it broke.

How would you call customer service?!?!?!
Quote by bigman1234
that sucks man, i also have problems with "Anger, Turmoil, and Trouble" too. I haven't had service in 3 days and today it my girlfriend's birthday. The towers around me picked the perfect weekend to stop working. Good luck with your unlocking problem

I wish I could have luck, but there is none. I have to go fucking buy one. I can't wait till I can switch to some company that won't put people through all this bull****.

And that really blows for you. Do you have a home phone or something you can use?
Quote by deadgearsrising
I wish I could have luck, but there is none. I have to go fucking buy one. I can't wait till I can switch to some company that won't put people through all this bull****.

And that really blows for you. Do you have a home phone or something you can use?

I wished her a happy birthday via myspace (she spent the day with her dad), I haven't had a home phone in 3 years sadly
I did that one time just to see what happened... obviously, it was a stupid idea.

At least TracFone didn't pull that crap. Who the hell makes people call just to get a phone unlocking code that ends up costing you more money and adding to the already ridiculously high bill?

EDIT: Sorry for the epic bump... didn't check the last post time first Stupid me.
Last edited by Cool Guy Face at Aug 4, 2009,
Quote by deadgearsrising

are you on about the pin or the PUK.

if you've used up all your pin attempts, you need a PUK code to unlock the sim.

if you've used up those attempts, how are they supposed to unlock it?
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.