Sorry if I'm a complete idiot for not knowing what this is, but when people refer to the "Edge Radius" on a guitar, what are they referring to? What is the "Edge Radius?"
"The deepest circle of hell is reserved for betrayers and mutiny." - PWD
I'm pretty sure it is the radius at which the edges of the fretboard are rounded off. Not really sure though.
I mean Edge Radius. I think they're the same thing though, or I'm just guitarded.
"The deepest circle of hell is reserved for betrayers and mutiny." - PWD
GUITARTED. Haha. Wow.

I have no clue what either one is. Infact, I posted a thread about that neck radius is.... lol.
i think he`s referring to the radius of a edge bridge, and has probably seen it in the setup archives at satriani.com.

basically the bridge is radiused using shims under each saddle to match the radius of the neck.
Not a correct answer in the thread so far if I'm not mistaken.
IIRC the edge radius is how rounded the edges of a guitar's body are. A larger radius means they're more rounded and vice versa.
Quote by Rock Pig
Not a correct answer in the thread so far if I'm not mistaken.
IIRC the edge radius is how rounded the edges of a guitar's body are. A larger radius means they're more rounded and vice versa.

wait. like you look at and RG and its all flat. then you look at a satriani guitar and its rounded as all ****? is that what your referring to?