Page 1 of 2
well long story short is it a bad thing to sit in the house all the time on the computer and like rarley hang out with friends n stuff.. like i prefer doing most things alone.. except sex.. that is always better with another person. But my mom claims it is not healthy.. but i seem perfectly fine

What is your guys opinion on this???
if you're cool with it, then its all good. if it gets to the point you dont like it...you should change it i guess
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
I do the same thing pretty much, but just during the summer. Perfectly healthy bro.
Quote by MattsRichardson
if you're cool with it, then its all good. if it gets to the point you dont like it...you should change it i guess

qft
Other planes lie beyond the reach
Of normal sense and common roads
But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
I am doing the same. I don't think it's unhealthy.

__.-~~~~-.|___|___|__
_/********\_|___|___|
|*/**\**/**`~~~~~-.__
||****|**0*********@_
||****|***.********|_
\|****|***\*******/__
_\****/**/`~~~~~~`|__
_('--'""`)__|___|___|
Quote by Jesus
LedDaveZeppelin, You are so awesome.
I prefer being alone but there's a limit.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
If you enjoy it, then it's not a bad thing (as long as it doesn't affect your physical health too much).

But if it pisses you off too, then go outside every now and then. If you in a decently sized town/city, go to a local mall or store just to hang, or meet new people.

Or buy more guitar gear. That's always a good idea.
Well your getting more out of shape each day by not doing anything so suit yourself. Also you won't have a social life because people won't bother calling for you anymore.
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Everybody has things they like and don't like.

Don't like hanging out a whole bunch? Fine. Like going out partying all the time? That's fine too.

Sometimes I think my parents would be secretly happy if i came home reeking of booze at 3 A.M. on a sunday morning, because that's supposed to be NORMAL.

But oh well.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
I do it all the time and think nothing of it. If I feel the need to hang out with somebody I'll just call them.
Quote by MetalGuitarest
what do you think the limit is?

Roughly when you're so alone you feel like you want to die because you're bored out your ass and noone will miss you.

It'll happen.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by Guitar_Kingdom
qft

whats qft?
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
If you feel okay with it keep it up. I used to do the same every summer but it was slowly eating away at me because I prefer to be with others as much as possible, so I had to make a change. In your situation though, if you truly like being alone then it's okay.
its fine, but you'll realise soon (hopefully soon) that you live once and what do you have to show for sitting in front of the computer. before you die you have your friends and your memories. what if your memories are getting faster downloads?
'never a victim,' the role model said,
bang-bang, the bad guy is dead,
always a rockstar on eMpty TV,
the lesson complete, now the child has needs.
you just havent found cool enough people to hang out with
but i get what you mean
i usually hang out with band members/girlfriend(duh)/other close friends
other then that im usually alone, which is a good thing imo
I'm kind of the same way you are. It doesn't really make a difference to me either way, especially considering all teens want to do these days is get hammered (something I enjoy once in a while, but not multiple times a week). Most of the time I'd prefer to just sit at home and play guitar, do whatever on the computer, video games, whatever little activity outside, etc.. I've put on a bit of a gut over the last year, but I also stopped playing hockey.
Quote by MetalGuitarest
well long story short is it a bad thing to sit in the house all the time on the computer and like rarley hang out with friends n stuff.. like i prefer doing most things alone.. except sex.. that is always better with another person. But my mom claims it is not healthy.. but i seem perfectly fine

What is your guys opinion on this???

You've never had sex, OP is a ******.
Well, if it makes you happy, keep to it, but people need other people to live and thrive on. Hanging out with people and having friends is NEVER a bad thing.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
I like being alone too. Just don't over do it. Make sure you go outside of your house every now and then so your eyeballs don't fry in front of the computer.
I don't think there's anything wrong with it if you enjoy it, but I found that I enjoy life much more now that I get out and do stuff, often with others, regularly.

Really, it might just be me, but I don't think the idea here is usually a preference for being alone (though no doubt some do prefer that) - I find it's usually just that loners have yet to find the people they want to spend time with.
Quote by Kekumba
I'm kind of the same way you are. It doesn't really make a difference to me either way, especially considering all teens want to do these days is get hammered (something I enjoy once in a while, but not multiple times a week). Most of the time I'd prefer to just sit at home and play guitar, do whatever on the computer, video games, whatever little activity outside, etc.. I've put on a bit of a gut over the last year, but I also stopped playing hockey.

Bassicly what i do. Bassicly everyone out here does drugs. i do'nt do drugs and never ever will. Most people party and get so wasted they don't even remember there name every weekend. i don't mind it once n a while.. but no every single weekend.

Now i havn't quit anything because well i don't do any sports or anything like that.lol. for my exercise though i go out and hit jumps with my pedal bike(norco one25)

EDIT: To the statement wayy above... i have had sex.. ahah
Last edited by MetalGuitarest at Jul 19, 2009,
Say this to your mom:
"Mom, I'm anti social because I want shinynew guiter gear like the other guitarists. Once I have some awesome new gear I'll be social."
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
Sadly I am in the same spot TS.

I just moved and there is pretty much NO WAY for me to meet anyone around town until school starts. So here I sit, alone in my room...
Quote by imdeth
You're like internet Jesus!

This signature feels so empty now.
Quote by We'realltoBlame
Say this to your mom:
"Mom, I'm anti social because I want shinynew guiter gear like the other guitarists. Once I have some awesome new gear I'll be social."

ahaha if she actually belived that.. damn i would have flippin expensive gear.lol
I go out and socialize a lot, but i hate small talk and most people are dicks. We gig every Tues and some Fridays and that's enough drinking and talking for me.
I was like that all through highschool, I have friends at school I just never hung out with them after class, now I do and its so much better. Get to go to parties and stuff now, too bad I only started doing that after I graduated.
Gear
Jackson Dinky DKMGT Transparent Black
Quote by MetalGuitarest
ahaha if she actually belived that.. damn i would have flippin expensive gear.lol

Say that you were made fun of because of your ****ty amp and that's why you don't want to go anywhere.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
If you never leave your house and experience the outside world, you'll have a warped sense of reality and miss out on a lot of what life has to offer.
I do the same thing, I don't see anything wrong with it
Quote by bradulator
Iceland has the coolest women.
Would be a good idea to keep some friends on side... Otherwise whenever you do decide you need mates, are too alone, or find an activity you want/have to share you will have people you can turn to... Otherwise do whatever makes you happy.. Some people function perfectly well if not better on their lonesome
@dbostwick
Page 1 of 2