I couldn't find any threads on it but surfing is awesome. I've got 8'2" longboard which is perfrect for where i'm at. (the carolina coast) I've also surfed in san diego, orange county, and the gulf coast. I would love to go to somewere like oahui or australia. But yeah just wondering if anyone on here surfs.
I've tried it once. Took me two hours to finally stand and ride for several seconds before falling off. Completely sore the next morning. It was fun from what I remembered.

Yeah , I surf. We have crappy waves in summer though. There is a surfing thread somewhere i remember.

I was in Maui and Oahu but the locals don't like howlies unless you bring some budd.
Last edited by Tempoe at Jul 19, 2009,
I tried it once in Santa Cruz and failed pretty hard. But fairly fun while it lasted
"One does not walk into Vatican City with one's ass hanging out."
I always wanted to surf so when I get to the beach, I could say "Hows the surf brah?"
Quote by RU Experienced?
Go see U2, then you can say you contributed money to Bono's giant Irish tower built out of the blood, tears, and the hopes of African children.
The waves have been pretty dead for the past couple weeks here but its suposed to get better towards the end of the week.
The waves are sh!tty here in San Diego during the summer too. I went out yesterday and it was pretty bad (mostly because I suck), but it didn't help that the waves were so wedgy. I recently transitioned over to a 5'11 short board , so I'm kinda having trouble finding my balance when trying to catch a wave. I'm too far back, but if I move anymore forward, I do a faceplant into the water.
Everybody's heard, about the bird...

Uh-buh-buh-bird bird bird, buh-bird's the word... etc.
I sued Delta Airlines, 'cause they sold me a ticket to New Jersey, I went there, and it SUCKED.
Quote by Ottopilot
I tried it once in Santa Cruz and failed pretty hard. But fairly fun while it lasted

in Portugal?
Yeah, I surf...having said that, I haven't been in the water for aaaaages . Want to, but a combination of work + few decent waves has kept me away.

And later summer will probably suck if the big highs they're predicting come.
Quote by Tempoe
Yeah , I surf. We have crappy waves in summer though. There is a surfing thread somewhere i remember.

I was in Maui and Oahu but the locals don't like howlies unless you bring some budd.

That kinda died.. I was going to open another one in the summer time (for me) haha.

I surf, but its winter at the moment, so I don't go in the cold water, as I am a pussy.
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.