What do you guys think about teaching music on skype versus real life lessons? I'm just beginning to start teaching through video webcams and it's going pretty well.. matter of fact, if any guitar beginners here would like a free lesson, e-mail me at lessons@guitarskype.com

the only thing that bugs me is sometimes I like to physically show how chords are played because some people have a hard time finding which string and fret to go to. ..but I think this is still a great idea, especially when laptops have better built in web cams and microphones in the future :P
Chris Broderick does it with students through some similar program.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
It should work, but not very well well if your trying to teach beginners and more advanced techniques. The more subtle techniques that you would need to teach would be a lot more difficult to convey over a webcam in contrast to a face to face lesson.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Guitarskype.
I sued Delta Airlines, 'cause they sold me a ticket to New Jersey, I went there, and it SUCKED.
yeah even showing the student how to hold a guitar pick is kind of tough. Mostly, I have people who just want me to show them their favorite guitar riffs and I just teach them what frets to play. Pretty simple for people who just want to rock out and impress girls :P