i want to put active pup in my guitar but it has a barrel jack. the regular stereo ajck wont fit because its not long enough. is a stereo jack necessary? my guitar only has a vol and three seperate pup switches. 80s guitar
for active pups a stereo jack is necessary. They make barrel jacks that are stereo...I dont know where you can get them though.

EDIT: Here ya go http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Electronics,_pickups/Components:_Jacks/Flush-mount_Output_Jack.html
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
Last edited by racman92 at Jul 20, 2009,
Quote by SieteML
i want to put active pup in my guitar but it has a barrel jack. the regular stereo jack wont fit because its not long enough. is a stereo jack necessary? my guitar only has a vol and three seperate pup switches. 80s guitar

I know this sounds like a redicoulus question but are you getting one or two actives for this guitar?........and is this a multi Pickup guitar or is it a single pickup.
Also if its a two pickup guitar are you just gonna run one active and thats it or run the Passive and an Active. Cause to the best of my knowledge its redicolously hard to wire a Active and a passive in the same circut.

and yes to your orriginal question i have a friend with a Warwick Fortress bass with actives and it has the same flush mount that you speak of.
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
Quote by SieteML
ok so i DONT NEED it. i could just take out the battery

Active pickups without a battery...Get a stereo jack. Its just $7 bucks. Actives are useless-well, more like silent- without a battery (or 2, 18v mod ftw)
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
Last edited by racman92 at Jul 20, 2009,
^I presume he means taking out the battery when hes finished playing and then putting it in again next time he starts.

TS, this is a bad idea, partially because of the time it consumes and partly because of the fact if you dont have the battery to hand your guitar is useless. Just get the jack!
i dont know what i did to get this to happen but i left the original jack in and wired it like regular and the actives work with the passive mid pup and they also work without a battery they just have less output. my guitar is a kramer voyager. to see a pic of go to vintagekramer.com and then american series
i have blackouts and the mid pup is a schaller. and ya they have crap output without a batt.

but does this damage the actives in any way
Last edited by SieteML at Jul 29, 2009,
o ok cool i didnt want to have spent all that money and then they last less than a year