Page 1 of 2
Would have to say Stone Temple Pilots, their encore was Dead & Bloated, and when Weiland says the first two lines it's just like
HAven't been to any live concerts but I love listening to Layla live on youtube... its amazing

Edit: I also agree with IdntNedUrCvlWar
They credited us with the birth of that sort of heavy metal thing. Well, if that's the case, there should be an immediate abortion.

-Ginger Baker
Last edited by BostonLP at Jul 20, 2009,
I saw Oz Noy, Eric Johnson, Anton Fig and Roscoe Beck play together at a The Saxon Pub here in Austin. Easily the greatest show I've ever been to. The EVH reunion tour was okay I guess but the acoustics at the stadium I say them at sucked. And the Satch show I saw last November where he played with Leslie West that was pretty cool too.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Hearing recordings of one of my bands first concerts gives me chills, it was an awesome experience

as for actual famous bands Less Than Jake at warped this year absolutely raped me
Last edited by The Pineapple at Jul 20, 2009,
Black Sabbath opening their concert with "E5150" in the pitch black was quite amazing I would have to say. Creepy as **** and a huge adrenaline rush waiting for the whole band to come roaring in.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs-n5wcGbpg

MGMT - Pieces of What? live.

Abso-****ing-lutely amazing.

I also saw Jane's Addiction a while ago, and when they played Mountain Song, there was just this primal rhythm to the whole place that was just "wow"
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Jul 20, 2009,
Nine Inch Nails - Hurt

I couldn't care less how many people prefer Cash's version or whatever. This **** is insane live.
Well, on October 4th it will be none other than the greatest band today! (only better band was the Jimi Hendrix Experience/Band of Gypsys cuz Jimis the man in both)

METALLICA!!!!!!!!!!!!
METALLICA!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dave Matthews Live At Molson Amphitheater, When they played #41 for approx 30mins amazing sax/guitar battle solo
Quote by gatechballer
Well, on October 4th it will be none other than the greatest band today! (only better band was the Jimi Hendrix Experience/Band of Gypsys cuz Jimis the man in both)

METALLICA!!!!!!!!!!!!
METALLICA!!!!!!!!!!!!

E Street, baby, THAT'S the greatest band today. Seeing them November 13th (Friday the 13th). The Boss > All
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by gatechballer

METALLICA!!!!!!!!!!!!
METALLICA!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going on October 27th
looking forward to it sooo much
rush. epic.

edit: ^ well, fine I lose.

Also, scale the summet were amazing to watch live.
Iron Maiden had an immense show last time they were around here. Slayer was awesome too.
i know most people here don't like Coldplay, but when they play Fix You live it just gets me
I'll burn your house down.
Quote by guitarsftw

E Street, baby, THAT'S the greatest band today. Seeing them November 13th (Friday the 13th). The Boss > All

...not quite, but Bruce Springsteen is very high on that list....my sister got to see him live at the inaguration.
Quote by Kekumba
Nine Inch Nails - Hurt

I couldn't care less how many people prefer Cash's version or whatever. This **** is insane live.

i'm gonna go ahead and second this one. especially since that song holds some really deep meaning for me. seeing them perform in mountain view with the crowd singing along was spectacular.
Go Veg.
Quote by gatechballer
...not quite, but Bruce Springsteen is very high on that list....my sister got to see him live at the inaguration.

my dad saw him twice on his Darkness on the Edge of Town tour. I have never been more jealous of anyone ever. but his music speaks to me more than any other musician's work, so that definitely has an affect on his live performance for me.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
i saw priest perform all of british steel live
they had this curtain and they started playing Rapid Fire
when the drums and vocals kicked in and the curtain dropped and saw KK and Rob standing 5 feet from me i almost shat myself
concerts that i have seen live that gave the chills are:
judas preist
metallica
slayer
iron maiden

i was gonna say dragonforce but nah

i am going to see dreamtheater in october so that will probally give me a hard on since i love mr. petrucci and the band
The Gaslight Anthem. It was the first time I'd ever heard of them and they were playing at Sasquatch. I became a fan so fast.

The Decemberists. They played the Hazards of Love in it's entirety. I was amazed.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
The Gaslight Anthem. It was the first time I'd ever heard of them and they were playing at Sasquatch. I became a fan so fast.

The Decemberists. They played the Hazards of Love in it's entirety. I was amazed.

They are coming to a bar near me soon, tickets are only 20 bucks, and I am dying to see them, they are my favorite band at the moment, I assume they are good live then?
The video of your mom on you tube with Michael Jackson ****ing her!
Gear
Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR
1967 Ventura Les Paul Copy
Marshall JCM 2000 Dual Super Lead
Umphrey's Mcgee - Every single show is so different that it makes my jaw drop every single time. Plus, the lights are by far the best I've ever seen for any band.

Les Claypool - He's so funky and weird, and he always plays with amazing musicians.

Chick Corea and John McLaughlin - nothing more needs to be said.

The Bad Plus - Most creative, spastic, and unique drummer I've seen live. Seeing them live is a whole different experience, just because of the drummer mainly.

Minus The Bear - Song writing is just so good, and the guitarist is amazing at coming up with good tapping riffs.

Gwar - Again, nothing else needs to be said.
Last edited by MeGaDeth2314 at Jul 20, 2009,
When I saw Opeth live, the part of Godhead's Lament where Mikael sings "Thought I could not leave this place on this imminent day. As I reached the final dawn to what's gone astray. What would they care if I did stay? No one would know..." gave me chills because it was amazing.

Quote by EdtheHead
Slipknot gave me chills and I'm not even that big of a fan
They give me the kind of chills you get when someone scrapes their nails across a chalkboard.
Last edited by Masonpwiley at Jul 20, 2009,
I saw Between the Buried and Me on the first show of the Colors tour, where they played the entire album from start to finish. Hearing the building sing with the band at any moment was incredible. I feel like there was another band that I've seen that made me feel like I did when I saw this show, but I can't remember.
I saw Radiohead on their In Rainbows tour.

Probably one of the single, greatest experiences of my life. The entire show had me in a ecstatic state of mind. Shivers down the spine does not quite define the experience correctly.

Close behind was when I saw Rise Against, the Mad Caddies and the Lawrence Arms at a Fat Wreck Chords tour. Rise Against before the hole nu-metal fiasco they embarked on. During the song Everchanging I had tears in my eyes.

And seeing the Lawrence Arms truly has no words to describe it. Absolutely amazing show.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
Last edited by Seryaph at Jul 20, 2009,
Quote by leprechauner57
They are coming to a bar near me soon, tickets are only 20 bucks, and I am dying to see them, they are my favorite band at the moment, I assume they are good live then?

They are very good. Go see 'em. I'd never heard of them before, and I was thoroughly impressed by 'em.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Page 1 of 2