What do you think is the best set up for practicing w/ ur band?

Or how do u set up? Do u guys use a P.A. System, or do u just use all amps? How do u have the speakers/amps set up around ur practice space so that everyone can hear everything?
P.A.'s for practice

sorry.......
most guitarists in a band only brings a Halfstack or a loud enough combo for practice.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
P.A.'s for practice

sorry.......
most guitarists in a band only brings a Halfstack or a loud enough combo for practice.

This. I only use a PA for band practice when renting a rehearsal room. But I also play songs with no vocals so
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Set up the volume of everything else to match the drumset (unmic'ed). Usually it'll be a large combo (x2 speakers) or a halfstack and a loud enough bass amp. The pa system will be loud enough to cut through the mix. Remember that it's a band, not a competition to see who's the loudest and have the drummer control his playing dynamics. Also... put the pa speakers facing away from you and the mic's (cardoid or hopefully supercardoid pattern if possible) back part facing the speakers to prevent feedback. Also try to keep the amps, particularly the guitar ones, away from the guitars to reduce feedback as well.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
I use a small 100w PA for vocals, keys, and acoustic at practice. Bass and electric are in amps. We keep it all pretty quiet though-- If a 15 watt (tube) combo isnt loud enough, then you're hurting your hearing unless you wear earplugs.
Quote by evening_crow
Set up the volume of everything else to match the drumset (unmic'ed). Usually it'll be a large combo (x2 speakers) or a halfstack and a loud enough bass amp. The pa system will be loud enough to cut through the mix. Remember that it's a band, not a competition to see who's the loudest and have the drummer control his playing dynamics. Also... put the pa speakers facing away from you and the mic's (cardoid or hopefully supercardoid pattern if possible) back part facing the speakers to prevent feedback. Also try to keep the amps, particularly the guitar ones, away from the guitars to reduce feedback as well.

This. Usually one guitar on either side of the drums as well, and bass on one side or the other (usually same as the designated lead guitarist).
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by evening_crow

A different way to do it is to set up your speakers like you would monitors, facing the band. Just set them on the floor with the speakers angled up toward the vocals, then add a monitor for the drummer and anyone else if you need to. Just as a rule of thumb don't point any mic's at PA speakers.