...or Z-shaped besides Dean?

If not, how would you compare Dean basses to other names?
Quote by sticksause
...or Z-shaped besides Dean?

If not, how would you compare Dean basses to other names?

I'm not sure about vs from other companies but I would say to not buy a Dean unless it is the top of the top end models.

edit: does the esp phoenix count a z shaped? costs a lot though.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
^^why? is their low/mid end models bad compared to other basses around the same price?
Quote by sticksause
^^why? is their low/mid end models bad compared to other basses around the same price?

from what I've tried/seen/heard their low and mid models are bad compared to a plank of wood with rubber bands drawn across it.
Seriously though, they aren't good and the quality control is worse.
If you have to get one then try before you buy.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Kramer made some V-shaped basses in the 80's - they come up on auction sites from time to time. They're beginning to appreciate as classics, so if you got lucky, you might find one about the £500 mark, and it'll be worth more as time passes.
Jackson might have made some pointy RR type V's in the early 90's, but I'm not too sure.
Gibson made a handful only in '81, so they're collectors' pieces at silly prices, now.
Epiphone did some about 5 or 6 years ago, they got mixed reviews and slipped off the radar. They were only about £200 new, IIRC, so value now would be on a par with beer, most likely.
Other than those, and Dean, I can't think of any other makers who have done V basses. (Shame really, every other impractical shape has been done!)