So, I want to make a photoshop thread. I've seen a lot of them closed, so I was wondering if they are considered spam threads. If I do make one and it does get closed, will I be warned or banned?
Gear:
Squier Strat
Cordoba 20TM-CE Acoustic Electric Tenor Uke
Bugera V22
They aren't classed as spam.

They only get closed if the image is deemed offensive, or the thread is full of people saying "No", "no potential" etc.

If the latter happens, the thread usually turns into spam posts about random topics. Thats the only reason they get closed.

If you feel that the picture has potential, then go for it.
RIP Tom Searle.
Sweet, thanks man.
Gear:
Squier Strat
Bugera V22
DANG! It got closed.
Gear:
Squier Strat
Bugera V22
there have been way too many of them lately, it's getting retarded. i saw several of them going on yesterday and most of it wasn't even funny :/

save your idea for a time when there hasn't been a shoop thread in a while.
from daylight...
...into darkness
Ok, sorry. I understood that when you posted that in the thread. Regardless, it still makes me sad. But whatever. I understand.
Gear:
Squier Strat
Bugera V22
haha it's not a big deal, he didn't get a warning for it or anything
from daylight...
...into darkness
lol, sweet.

EDIT: Was my original reply to him right?
RIP Tom Searle.
Last edited by MH400 at Jul 20, 2009,
Hopefully no one steals my idea. I'll wait a few days and see if the Get the Bacon thread dies down a little.
Gear:
Squier Strat
Bugera V22
Quote by MH400
lol, sweet.

EDIT: Was my original reply to him right?

they aren't against the rules but at the same time, anything done too much can be considered spam. it's not likely anyone would get a warning for posting a shoop thread, but if there are simply too many of them, they will be closed. they don't generate discussion, so they are just fun threads that are considered 'secondary' to proper discussion threads. a bit here and there is fine with us, but too much and we'll cut it down.

make sense?
from daylight...
...into darkness
I'm glad something was being done about it.
I contributed to a few of the newest ones, but I still found the number of them annoying.