Poll: Which guitar do you prefer, Acoustic or Electric?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which guitar do you prefer, Acoustic or Electric?
Acoustic Guitar
31 30%
Electric Guitar
72 70%
Voters: 103.
Ive noticed that there are always a large difference between the number of members in the Electric forum than in the Acoustic Forum. It raises the question, which (Acoustic or Electric) do most UG users prefer.

It's simple, which do you enjoy playing more and like overall more than the other. If you cant decide, ask yourself, "if you had to go the rest of your life with one or the other, which would you choose, Acoustic or Electric guitars?"
I love playing my electric, it's what I play in my band.

But there's just something about my classical guitar that makes me jizz my pants with sonic pleasure.

For me I guess it's

Beauty > Awesomeness/Fun

(Not saying you can't make beautiful music with electrics... eg. Electric Tears by Buckethead)
R.I.P. PAUL GILBERT

You will be missed...
Last edited by Shazazmic at Jul 20, 2009,
Personally, if I had to pick one for the rest of my life, acoustic. Electrics are also a bit easier to play, but my opinion stays.
LARGE TEXT
Last edited by Holy. at Jul 20, 2009,
I absolutely love my acoustic, but for me the stuff you can do with an electric (distortion, effects, the fun of searching for the perfect tone, amp combinations, pickups, etc) plus the fact that I play mostly metal sort of decides me.
Electric, only because I can play more stuff, and styles of music on it.

This is probably because of my own ineptitudes though.
I enjoy both as there is a definite sonic space that they each occupy independently.

I normally play my acoustic just as I would play my electric for hand strength (and because I had to sell my electric) but quite often I will play a song as it is meant to be played on an acoustic to get that chunky, groovy feeling.

Also, my flamenco guitar has a beautiful, almost melancholic sound to it that I would not trade for the world.

So I would say both depending on the musical context.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
I like my acoustic. Just the idea of not having to hit a button or have electricity to play it is nice. Plus I dig the hollow body sound it gives lol
"Most people are trying to simplify the world. We're definitely here to complicate it." - Dad
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

<-- Pretty much sums me up

8/7/09

^ I was there
Quote by RU Experienced?
Electric, I like being able to have access to more than the first seven frets.

I remember the first few days I owned my acoustic, looking at the fretboard past the twelfth fret and just thinking, "what the **** is the point of this ****?"
Also, considering that I prefer the sound of a clean electric guitar to that of an acoustic, I'd have to go with the electric.
Quote by Darksucker

I remember the first few days I owned my acoustic, looking at the fretboard past the twelfth fret and just thinking, "what the **** is the point of this ****?"

That and most of the acoustics I've played have crap action.
Quote by RU Experienced?
That and most of the acoustics I've played have crap action.
I've hardly ever found an acoustic with a comfortable action to it. My first guitar was a ****ty acoustic with the action so high my wrists literally ached after playing it. Electric is so much more comfortable to play.
Quote by skaterskagg1
I've hardly ever found an acoustic with a comfortable action to it. My first guitar was a ****ty acoustic with the action so high my wrists literally ached after playing it. Electric is so much more comfortable to play.

Yeah, I prefer my friends 60 dollar yamaha acoustic to a lot of $1200+ dollar high end gibson models I tried out.
I prefer my electric.

Then again, my electric is a decent one (not top of the line, but great compared my acoustic) and my acoustic is crap.

My electric is an Epiphone LP Special 2... my acoustic is some Esteban POS.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
Last edited by MyNameIsLame at Jul 20, 2009,
Quote by skaterskagg1

The action is why I was recommended to start on an electric - although right now on my LTD I have a set of 15's and actions to put my acoustic (which used to make my fingers cramp) to shame. I guess it's all preference...
Depends on my mood.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
I'm better at acoustic than electric for some reason, so I would say acoustic. Not only that, but I also love how it sounds and I prefer most acoustic music to electric. Delta blues for example; I would take that over electric any and every day.
Both, they're both good for different things. I can see why electric guitar has more activity though, you can't ask about changing pickups or floating bridges on an acoustic guitar.
I haven't played my electric guitar in weeks. I don't even bother buying nice electrics because I rarely play them.

Acoustic ftw.

Edit:

Quote by Turkeyburger
Not only that, but I also love how it sounds and I prefer most acoustic music to electric. Delta blues for example; I would take that over electric any and every day.

This. Delta blues is teh sex.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
Last edited by Ganoosh at Jul 20, 2009,
I prefer electric, though I don't mind getting out the acoustic and either practice exercises, or just jam.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
A semi-hollowbody electric, and an amp with some insane cleans
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
I don't really distinguish between them. An acoustic sounds pretty much like an electric when you plug it into an electric amp.

Same same, but different.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Both.
| | | | | | |

'What have I become
My sweetest friend
Everyone I know
Goes away in the end'

~I'm a girl.~