get what you pay for. it's an oversized, overpriced practice amp.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Get LESS than what you payed for.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Less than what you pay for. I wouldn't scorn you if it was like...the 15cd or some ****. But no. Not the half stack.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
i thott about buyin this amp...then i played it......sounds the same as pluggin my guitar into martha stewerts rectum
"You Laugh at me for Being Different. I laugh at you for all Being the Same."

Girls I want to Intercourse
Jessica Alba
Oprah
Girlicious (each of them)
Betty White
well i came acoss it at a store and since it was big, had 'marshall' on it, and was $500 i thought oh sweet, than posted this and glad i didnt waste my time looking farther into it
Quote by camhussynec
i thott about buyin this amp...then i played it......sounds the same as pluggin my guitar into martha stewerts rectum

That's probably the most eloquent turn of phrase of heard in a long time.
Quote by camhussynec

I've found you can get a decent sound if you fiddle around with the EQ on Stewart for a while.
The MG4's aren't that bad - much better than their predecessors. However, there are still much better amps out there that can be found for less money than an MG costs.
Quote by Forkman
I've found you can get a decent sound if you fiddle around with the EQ on Stewart for a while.

You should lower the DB around 150 hz, her rectum is pretty muddy.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by ninjasnpirates
just a cheap, low quality noob halfstack.

/THREAD
It's all about feel
Quote by camhussynec

WIN.
Since everyone has pretty much pointed out the fact that MG's really aren't worth your time or money (unless you're Wayne Static, of course), why don't you answer these questions and we will help you find an amp that will sound good and will fit your styles:

What genres do you mainly play/What band(s)' tone(s) are you trying to emulate
What is your total budget?
Are you willing to buy used or does it have to be new?
If you are willing to go used, where on the globe are you located?
What other gear are you using?
Quote by Necrophagist777
You should lower the DB around 150 hz, her rectum is pretty muddy.

Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Quote by sg622

+OVER 9000!!!
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by i_am_metalhead
The MG4's aren't that bad - much better than their predecessors. However, there are still much better amps out there that can be found for less money than an MG costs.

this. i think this is the only intelligent thing i've ever seen anyone say about the MG4s on UG.

the MG4s are bandwagoned against based solely on the abomination that was their predecessors, which really were abysmal. the new ones are actually not bad at all for analogue solid state amps in the price range and i personally like them better than the new vox valvetronix models which i was a bit disappointed with - but they are still overpriced when you consider that there are tube combos which will offer more in the way of tone for less than the stack - not because they are tube, but because they are just better sounding amps. For a bedroom practice and home recording amp they are pretty good, and before everyone launches their flames at me, for gods sake, i wasn't comparing them to a high end all tube marshall amp like everyone previously has assumed every time i said "the new MGs don't sound bad".
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Last edited by Blompcube at Jul 20, 2009,
Quote by camhussynec

sigged!

as to the amp, yes, it sounds like sh*t on a stick
Quote by ninjasnpirates
is the marshall MG series alfstack this one ---> http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-MG100HFX-and-MG412-Half-Stack?sku=581867
worth it or is it just a cheap, low quality noob halfstack.

get what ya pay for? or a decent snag?

How many times must it be said

MG's suck balls - enough said

don't buy it - no if's, no but's
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Quote by camhussynec

****in Win!!
Quote by Blompcube
this. i think this is the only intelligent thing i've ever seen anyone say about the MG4s on UG.

the MG4s are bandwagoned against based solely on the abomination that was their predecessors, which really were abysmal. the new ones are actually not bad at all for analogue solid state amps in the price range and i personally like them better than the new vox valvetronix models which i was a bit disappointed with - but they are still overpriced when you consider that there are tube combos which will offer more in the way of tone for less than the stack - not because they are tube, but because they are just better sounding amps. For a bedroom practice and home recording amp they are pretty good, and before everyone launches their flames at me, for gods sake, i wasn't comparing them to a high end all tube marshall amp like everyone previously has assumed every time i said "the new MGs don't sound bad".

While I admit the new MG's aren't as bad as the old ones, they're still way overpriced. And the valvetronix definitely kicks their ass, old or new, it's one of the best practice amps out there.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
For the same price you can get a Peavey Windsor 100 watt tubed half stack at MF.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Quote by OldRocker
For the same price you can get a Peavey Windsor 100 watt tubed half stack at MF.

Which has pretty terrible tone too...
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
i play thrash, i really like that old maiden tone, also driven stuff like led zeppelin, id say my guitar day is made of 85% distortion and overdrive and that stuff.

budget is around $550-$800

and i dont need anything over 100 watts.
doesnt have to be a stack either,
You might be able to find an old JCM 800 combo or something similar for around 800.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra