Page 1 of 2
As you may know comedy central bought 26 new episodes of Futurama reviving the series from it's cancellation. There has been a disagreement between the voice actors Billy West, John DiMaggio, and Katy Segal and Fox about their salary payment being too low and now they beginning open auditions to take over their roles. Futurama will not be the same without the original cast members. I ask you to PLEASE sign this
petition!
www.petitionspot.com/petitions/futuramarecast/

Thank you
petitions never actually go anywhere...
Other planes lie beyond the reach
Of normal sense and common roads
But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
wow, those three actors do about 90% of the voice acting in that show. recasting them would be retarded.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Honestly, if the new episodes are anything like the movies, then I won't be watching anyway.
One Sexy Canadian Man.

...and single too.
Signed it, but wouldn't if I didn't already have a Twitter account.
Quote by Erik_Aero
Signed it, but wouldn't if I didn't already have a Twitter account.

Twitter's involved? I'm out.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Signed! I saw the UG comment too . Thanks for posting this. Kinda cool it's been up there for like 1 day and already has 500 supporters
Most people on UG aren't very nice.

That is my signature.

This is true.
that petition isn't going to do anything....
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
They're going to find people that can do the voices perfectly...

Surely we all know that one guy that does a PERFECT zoidberg impression. Chances are, you won't know the difference.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
what were their salary demands?
If they were demanding ridiculous amounts of money to talk into a microphone, than I don't care.
"It often happens that I wake up at night and begin to think about a serious problem and decide I must tell the pope about it. Then I wake up completely and remember that I am the pope."

---Pope John XXIII
Quote by Ganoosh

Surely we all know that one guy that does a PERFECT zoidberg impression. Chances are, you won't know the difference.

if you have watched enough futurama, you will be able to tell the difference. billy west is an exceptionally talented voice actor, and leela would never be the same without her actual voice.
I have no opinion on this matter.
This wont change anything, but ill sign anyway. I cant imagine Bender not being played by John Dimaggio or someone else playing Dr. Zoidberg or Farnsworth.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by Ganoosh

Ehh, I can't see it happening. Every show I know of that has done this is completely obvious.
Balls.
The movies have sucked to say the least..seasons 1-4 ftw
Quote by xMetalGodx
I'm not quite sure if you were trying to be funny or if you have a learning disability, either way, I was not amused.

He is not amused.
Quote by abdulalhazred
you are the best 09er EVER! i am sending you a friend request as soon as i send this

Quote by oncetaken
am i the only one who doesnt think futurama is all that funny?

Leave. NOW!!!!!!!!!!

In all seriousness I love Futurama and it just won't be the same without the original voice actors. I am a Futurama fanatic and I would be able to tell the difference. I would love to sign but I would rather not register. I'm might cave and sign though.
icwatudidtherr
Quote by fretsofthebeast
*grabs rifle*
so let it be written so let it be done..........

Quote by SOADrox429
You shouldn't hit your drummers. You're supposed to be nice to them, or they'll be scared of you.
too bad Futurama had top voice actors from the strat, Billy West and Maurice LaMarche are legends, I doubt they'll find anyone to replace them.
Am I the only one that feels a lack of sympathy for them given that they're asking for 75 grand each per episode .... for speaking?
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by tommyt
Am I the only one that feels a lack of sympathy for them given that they're asking for 75 grand each per episode .... for speaking?

nope. voice acting is just as tough a job as any other. it's not any more overpayed than bands getting millions for records people buy.
Quote by CoreysMonster
nope. voice acting is just as tough a job as any other. it's not any more overpayed than bands getting millions for records people buy.

Plus the series was brought back because of the demands of the fans. If they don't get the original voice actors the fans are not going to like it. Plus Billy West is like the best voice actor out there.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Plus the series was brought back because of the demands of the fans. If they don't get the original voice actors the fans are not going to like it. Plus Billy West is like the best voice actor out there.

him, Maurice, Harry Shear, Hank Azaria and the guy that does Homer Simpson are, I believe, the most recognisable voice actors ever.
Quote by CoreysMonster
him, Maurice, Harry Shear, Hank Azaria and the guy that does Homer Simpson are, I believe, the most recognisable voice actors ever.

What? Phil LaMarr (Hermes) is in just about every animated series. Not to mention he has done a ton of voice work in the Metal Gear Solid series. Tress MacNeille has also done a lot of voice acting in animated shows.

EDIT: Phil's most notable voice in MGS is Vamp btw.
Last edited by GuitarGod_92 at Jul 20, 2009,
Quote by GuitarGod_92
What? Phil LaMarr (Hermes) is in just about every animated series. Not to mention he has done a ton of voice work in the Metal Gear Solid series. Tress MacNeille has also done a lot of voice acting in animated shows.

damn, forgot Phil LaMarr

but Tress MacNeille? I never heard her voice.
Quote by CoreysMonster

Sorry I'm just never going to be able to justify paying someone 75 thousand dollars to record their voice.

As for your comment on bands ... it's not really the same thing as thats something they've created plus not many bands actually make millions (or much at all) from their record sales.

Given the times I'm not surprised Comedy Central offered them less money.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
I was a little saddened the first time I saw a pic of Billy. In my head I built up the image that he would be a live action Fry.
Quote by tommyt
Sorry I'm just never going to be able to justify paying someone 75 thousand dollars to record their voice.

As for your comment on bands ... it's not really the same thing as thats something they've created plus not many bands actually make millions (or much at all) from their record sales.

Given the times I'm not surprised Comedy Central offered them less money.

the actors are heavily involved in writing the show, as they have to constantly go to readings and read scripts that aren't even finished yet. when the script is finally finished they have to do recordings over and over again, and they of course have to do conventions etc. They pretty much bring the characters to life, so I dont see why they shouldn't get paid well.

Quote by GuitarGod_92
I was a little saddened the first time I saw a pic of Billy. In my head I built up the image that he would be a live action Fry.

I could totally see him as Fry in real life.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Jul 20, 2009,
it wouldnt let me set up an account
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
Quote by CoreysMonster
the actors are heavily involved in writing the show, as they have to constantly go to readings and read scripts that aren't even finished yet. when the script is finally finished they have to do recordings over and over again, and they of course have to do conventions etc. They pretty much bring the characters to life, so I dont see why they shouldn't get paid well.

I could totally see him as Fry in real life.

I don't really see it. Although he reminds me of someone that I just can't put my finger on....
Page 1 of 2