By the end of the summer I plan to have about $1500 US to spend on a new guitar and I was really hoping to order a custom Carvin. The only problem is i'm stuck on all the options, and even between all the models.

So I thought I'd see what UG would build if they were going to get a Carvin, just to see some ideas.
( http://www.carvinguitars.com/customshopelectricguitars.php ) Just click on the model then on the right there's a link to the builder.

So UG, what would you get and why?
BEEP

<_<

>_>

Beeeeeeeeep
link fail. anyway if you really don't know what you want then i don't think you should get one. i mean custom guitars are generally not the easier guitars to sell considering they are made to your own specs that you want so possibly hold off buying a custom guitar until you are fully clear on what you want.
^+100.

if you dont know what you want, why are getting a custom?
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Quote by azn_guitarist25
link fail. anyway if you really don't know what you want then i don't think you should get one. i mean custom guitars are generally not the easier guitars to sell considering they are made to your own specs that you want so possibly hold off buying a custom guitar until you are fully clear on what you want.

Well this is what I was thinking.
St300
- Classic white
- Black hardware
- Tune-o-matic bridge
- 5 piece maple-walnut neck
- Diamond inlays
- M22SD bridge pickup
- Active passive electronics

I know I want something with good upper fret acces, and preferably in the superstrat shape but I just wanted to see some other ideas that UG had.

Oh and the link works fine for me.
BEEP

<_<

>_>

Beeeeeeeeep
Quote by Bmag37
Well this is what I was thinking.
St300
- Classic white
- Black hardware
- Tune-o-matic bridge
- 5 piece maple-walnut neck
- Diamond inlays
- M22SD bridge pickup
- Active passive electronics

I know I want something with good upper fret acces, and preferably in the superstrat shape but I just wanted to see some other ideas that UG had.

Oh and the link works fine for me.

the link works for me too...Have you looked into any other guitars?? Also you want weird things...Most people care about the woods etc...Oh and lol at your sig...I'm buying that amp if you give me the 25$!
Quote by bulldozerbob
I think someone stole my Yu-Hi-Oh cards from my class draw when I was little.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm homophobic. I can't stand gays.
Quote by FretKiller
the link works for me too...Have you looked into any other guitars?? Also you want weird things...Most people care about the woods etc...Oh and lol at your sig...I'm buying that amp if you give me the 25$!

Well the guitar comes stock with an alder body and maple neck-through neck, which is what I want (Well either that or swamp ash.) The 5 piece neck is for strength and to prevent warping. The active/passive electronics include two coil splitting switches and phase switch for versatility, the m22sd bridge p-up is more metal oriented while the stock neck pickup is more classic and warm sounding and I have a tune-o-matic on my guitar already and I know I like it. The rest it sort of just looks.

I have been looking at other guitars too, I like the feel of Jacksons (Loved the Sl3) and Shecters, some fenders felt nice but I don't like the neck heel.

So what would you recommend for a versatile guitar around 1500$, preferably neck through (Or good upper fret access)and no floyd rose?

The guitars I've tried so far and liked are:
Jackson Sl3
Shecter Blackjack ATX
Fender deluxe players Strat (Didn't like the bolt-on though)
BEEP

<_<

>_>

Beeeeeeeeep
Quote by stinger12345

This bleeeeeds carvin.

I was thinking something like that too, but only for a 6 string.

One question, does the maple fretboard slow down playing? I heard that somewhere, and I've played guitars where it felt slower, but I've also played some good maple fretboards.
BEEP

<_<

>_>

Beeeeeeeeep