I recently came across a deal for a Peavey Classic Chorus 212 with those Scorpion speakers for 200 bucks. I played my guitar through it with the onboard effects and it definitely sounded heavy, but then again I also thought my old Line 6 Spider 3 15 watt sounded heavy too. I know close to zero about amps, and am trying to learn more about them. I'm not in a band, and really just play music for myself, and at small venues for open mic nights with a drum machine. Because of this, I don't intend on ever investing more than $400 on an amp since my needs are mainly sound-oriented, and not volume/power based.

Do the pros think that this amp would be a good buy for someone who plays music in the vein of Origin, Necrophagist, and just death metal in general?
Last edited by VonZombie at Jul 20, 2009,
Sorry man, as the title suggests, 'classic' basically means it can do blues, rock, hardrock..but the amp's not made for metal. It's a very good amp, but not the right amp for you. Because of your budget I would recommend the B-52 AT-112. It's a 60 watt tube combo that is great for high-gain tones - just $360.
The amp you are talking about is wonderful for cleans and lower gain stuff, but not for tech death. One thing you could do is get that amp and a good distortion pedal such as a modded Boss MT2 or a Barber Dirty Bomb.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
My other friend has just offered to sell me his Line 6 Flextone 3 150 w amp for $300. At this point, I don't think I'll be finding a better deal any time soon, but is this amp going to be suitable for metuhl?
Last edited by VonZombie at Jul 20, 2009,
DO IT. Flextones are ****ing epic. Great tones for anything really... Also, if you ever find one a Ampeg VH140-c is THE death metal amp.