i been playing for 4 months now learnt few chords strumming patterns ( even tho im struggling from chord to chord but getting there) few riffs but dont what i should be doing to bmake me a better player? where next?

any ideas cheers
"and rememver those who get hamemred....dont get to nail"
Quote by harrow2009
i been playing for 4 months now learnt few chords strumming patterns ( even tho im struggling from chord to chord but getting there) few riffs but dont what i should be doing to bmake me a better player? where next?

any ideas cheers

try learning the major pentatonic scales of A and E, and start learning songs of which you like... if you find songs you want to learn that are tricky, try learning them anyway. you will become stronger with the certain technique you are using to learn it. keep learning riffs or chords or anything from songs you like, or just riffs and chords in general.
First off, what music do you listen to?

Learning a song you like will keep you interested, teach you different chord changes and scale positions.

Plus, at the end of it, you'll be able to play a song you know and like. Or at the very least, bits of it.
lol sounds dumb but i listen to all music there is lol dont have a favourite genre just love music lol.....just seems like im learning bits rather than "music"
Do you have a teacher?

If you're serious about playing guitar you should get a good teacher, someone who can teach you and benefit your playing.
not as of yet was kinda doing to try it but i really enjoy iy and wanna progress further1
get a teacher and then, as soon as you feel up to it, play with other guitarists.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Hiya mate, I'm relearning things from scratch, I've been playing for 12 years now and I quit for 4, now I'm back I want to go back and relearn everything the proper way, a route I wish I'd taken when I'd started the first time around.

I cannot recommend this book enough to you and everyone else, it's old and there are some old school stuff in there but the theory and the tips for learning scales, chords, music or tab is all in there, as well as performance technique, tone and gear advice, it's amazing. Check it out:

The Guitar Handbook (Paperback)
by Ralph Denyer

Paperback: 256 pages
Publisher: Knopf; Rev Sub edition (October 20, 1992)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0679742751
ISBN-13: 978-0679742753

http://www.amazon.com/Guitar-Handbook-Ralph-Denyer/dp/0679742751

Good Luck!
i just managed to learn american idiot by green day, simple power chord techniques and the solo is easily managable. its much more fun learning an entire song, but i dont know what song to learn next...?
Quote by robodude789
i just managed to learn american idiot by green day, simple power chord techniques and the solo is easily managable. its much more fun learning an entire song, but i dont know what song to learn next...?

Green Day's probably a safe place to start for beginners, no offence intended, but I'm just saying that if you're just starting out, then you're in the right territory. Go for another couple of Green Day songs that you like and build up a repetoire. But don't just play them, master them, and nail them down as best you can, then move on. Try and get every note that should be in there to sound clearly, timing is massive too.
Quote by robodude789

Smells like teen spirit by Nirvana is extremely easy...Also look into simple plan and linkin park! There are lots of easy songs if you know where to look...
Quote by bulldozerbob
I think someone stole my Yu-Hi-Oh cards from my class draw when I was little.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm homophobic. I can't stand gays.
Yea and then when you find youself getting better and you start to find simple power chord progressions boring and easy work up to more rhythmically challenging stuff...

Actually a good band for that would be Billy Talent IMO
They have a lot of easy but awesome sounding songs, and a lot of them have really easy solos.